Flames Hold the Answer

You wake up to your cell going off. You pick it up to find Nikki is calling you. You answer.

"Hey Nikki."

"What the hell happened? I heard you screaming, and slamming doors. I tried to come over, but the door was locked."

You let out a long sigh. "Long story short, Dark severely pissed me off. It started when he scared me while I was making dinner, and I swung a pan at his face."

"Thank God that's all it was. I thought it was worse. I gotta go, I have some things to do today. See ya."

You say bye and hang up. Shit, dinner.

You get up, and go to the kitchen. You see Mark is placing plates on the table. He looks up at you, smiling. You look into his brown eyes, getting lost in them. As you look, you see pain in his eyes.

You look away and blush. You decide to speak. "Sorry, I wanted to make dinner but something came up."

He chuckles. "I think more like someone. What exactly happened?"

You tell him what happened. At the end, you apologize. "Sorry for punching you, but he was infuriating me."

He smiles wider. "No problem. Even though the aftermath hurts, I think it is awesome you fought him."

"After this, I am going to the mall. There are a few things I want to get. Do you need anything?"

Mark sits down. "Not that I can think of." He starts to dig into the burger.

You eat too, but stay silent. Thinking to yourself. I wish he wasn't my brother, he is so hot. If only... you sigh out loud. Mark looks over at you.

"What?"

"Oh nothing, just thinking about a few things. Nothing major."

Once you finish eating, you grab your keys. "I will be back in a few hours. Don't stay up too late, you gotta pick up mom and Tom tomorrow."

"Yeah yeah yeah. I know. Since when did you become my guardian figure?"

You laugh. "Um, I'm your big bro, its kinda my job."

You leave and head to your car. You get to the mall in decent time.

As you walk though you see an old lady. Her dress is strange, and seems to almost to flow around her with no wind. Her arms are covered in bangles with strange markings.

As you walk by her, you feel her stare on the back of your head. Next thing you know, she grabs your wrist. You look into her electric blue eyes.

"Please. You have an ancient aura. Let me do a reading on you."

Her eyes intimidate you. "Um. I am sorry, but I don't have much time."

Her eyes seem to spark in front of you, reflecting her curiosity. "Please, it will be free. I just feel an ancient energy from you, one I have never felt before. I want to know what it is."

Well, if it is free. Why not. "Fine, I'll do it. Just don't try any funny business."

She smiles with excitement, pulling you into her small shop. You look around to see a small fireplace with flames that seem to jump in a mystical way. A small round table in the corner with a crystal ball.

In looking around, you see her not there. She must have went to the back.

She comes in, holding a bag that sounds like it is holding sticks. She motions you over to the table where she emptied the bag. Those weren't sticks, they were bones.

"Pick a bone. Choose the one that calls to you, then throw it in the fire. The fire shows the truth."

You look at the bones, there must have been about thirty of them. You feel some bones, but none seem to connect with you. As you root through the bones, you accidentally knock a small wish bone off the table.

You pick it up, and feel as if you were shocked. This must be the one. You walk over to the fire, and throw in the bone.

Almost immediately, the flames turn pitch black with (fav color) accents. The colors seem to fight each other, until they mix. They create a wonderful show.

The fire then turns an earthy green, flowing like water. The green morphs into a beautiful pink, glowing with power. The fire then dies, and returns to normal.

You look at the lady, who looks at you in concern. "You are involved in the balance of the world. Your choices could save us, or destroy us. Your blood goes back, back to ancient times. You have a power that, if you can control it, you will be out savior. But it you can't, they will consume you. Be careful, and I trust you will do good."

With that you walk out. Ok... that was strange. Note to self, ignore eccentric old ladies.

A/N Sorry this was short, but I want to stop it right here. The next chapter will be a time jump a few months ahead. And as always, any comments, questions, concerns? I take all.