chapter 20

Cute

(Louis p.o.v)

November 10th

Its been 4 days since liam stopped talking to me and it hurts. I hate seeing him laughing and having a great time with the footie players while im all sad and alone.

I really have no one at school niall is with zahn and harry and greg. Liam is with the footie team and then theres me sad and alone.

"Louis?" I snap out of my thoughts and see niall infront of me. "Whats up?" I ask " oh, well you texted me to come over here...." he says.

"Oh right!" I say and pull his note book out of my bag "thanks for letting me barrow your notes"I say and he smiles "it was nothing" he says with a smile.

"So how you holding up?" He asks ans my smile fades and I look down. "Im actually falling apart, I mean no matter what he is-was my best friend its gonna hurt" I say and he wraps his arms around me.

"Im sorry louis, I wish I could help" he says and he kisses my cheek and I smile a little. "Thank you niall, it means alot" I say and he pulls away and gives me one last smile before walking off to his table with harry.

When lunch finally begins I decide that im just gonna go home since theres no footie practice today. I go to the parking lot and I see liam being dragged out of the school by his dad and he looks pissed.

Is he going to hurt liam? He better not even though we're nots friends I still care. "Dad please let me go" I hear liam beg quietly as I walk past them. I get to my truck and I look back and see liam trying to get out of his grip but cant.

I bite my lip trying to resist going over there and socking his dad in the face. Liam looks over and sees me and I freeze and he has tears in his eyes.

I stand up straight about to walk over there but he shakes his head and looks away. I see him get pulled into the car and his dad speeds off.

I hesitate but i get into my truck and follow him, yes sounds creepy but i need to make sure liam will be okay. I make sure to stay a couple cars back so i ont get spotted but also to where i can still follow them.

We stop when we get to liams house and i make sure to park a couple houses away. I go up to the house and i can already hear liams dad yelling.

''What the fuck did i tell you!? I said not to go to school but you did!'' I look thrugh the window and see him push liam to the ground.

''This is the last time your ever going to disobey me!'' He yells and starts pounding on liam. Why is liam just taking it? I wonder and then it happens.

He starts taking off liams clothes and unbuckles his pants and i cant take it. I bust the window open my hand probably broken ''what the fuck'' his dad turns to see me entering through the window.

''Louis....'' liam says and i just sock his dad in the face '' DONT YOU EVER TOUCH LIAM LIKE THAT AGAIN!'' i scream and his dad gets up with a bloody nose.

''Youre gonna regret that'' he says and socks my face and swings again but i doge it. I punch his face repeadly until he shoves me off.

''Imma kill you!'' He yells pulling out a knife and my eyes widen and he swings his knife but i jump back. All of a sudden he gets hit in the head with a vase and falls knocked out.

I look up and see liam shaking with tears running down his face and he looks up to me. I grab the blanket off of the couch and wrap it around him and take him to my truck and start to drive.

''Why did you follow us?'' Liam asks '' i mean, ive been a dick but you still cared'' he says. ''Youre my best friend liam i.....i couldnt just sit here and let that shit happen to you'' i say.