Home

I no longer fight with my inner demons.
We're on the same side now.

"A hybrid?"

He nodded his head as his brow arched, probably wondering if I could understand. Had this been the appropriate situation, one might have questioned, had a cat gotten his tongue?

I backed a step away from him, pulling his hands from my skin as I did. Shock and denial was covering my face, I could tell from his own facial expression. Within his bones, monstrous instincts detected a very panicked and frightened specimen. Deep down, he knew I was going to bolt. "Don't you dare."

His warning wasn't enough to stop me, though it did cloud my judgement for a moment. I stumbled to move, my feet falling clumsily against the hard gravel. Without another thought, I sprinted as fast as I could away from him and through the greedy crowd.

I had gained a good amount of distance between us because of the size difference, but there was a calling within my mind reminding me how unsafe this was and that I needed to return back to him. There was the danger of not knowing where to go, the danger of being caught and putting myself in more trouble than before, and the overwhelming danger that someone new - someone worse could take me. Many bystanders proved my point when grabbing me, trying to feel anything for the fragmented second they could.

Even then, I'd rather be groped by strangers then wait around to find out what would happen to me with the hybrid.

Screw the system.

"Emily!" He roared from behind me, some of the creatures separating us buckled - much like I wanted to as well. Though it had not effected me the same way as it did others, the command and authority made my body ache. A sharp gasp came from my mouth at my disobedience.

Whoever he is - he's sure hard to ignore.

I didn't even know his name! But the power and emotion in his voice made me shake. I continued to run, stumbling as I did. It seemed as if the hybrid could control my emotions and keep me from thinking clearly. I stumbled a bit and was forced to slow.

I pushed against many bodies trying to get away, certain that the scariest thing here was the one chasing after me. I could see another opening and finally, everyone seeming to move out of my way almost as if - something big - were coming after me -

A giant bone-crushing body hit me from behind, knocking the breath out of my lungs and causing me to stumble. The split second before we hit the ground the hybrid tucked me tightly against his body and hit the gravel. Flush against his chest and unharmed, I looked up at him.

Dammit.

His eyes scanned my face and body for any signal that I may run again or resist.

Once the fight had died from within me, he gripped my hands  harshly and glared. I almost wanted to glare back, but with his stern gaze, I wouldn't be running challenging him anytime soon. "If you run from me again I'll probably kill you, which would suck for the both of us. Don't excite me again, understood?"

My lip quivered at my failure as frustration began to overwhelm me. I wasn't near ready to just give up, but this stupid hybrid was making it difficult for me to do anything.

I shuddered at the feel of his hands on my back.

An animal screech came from me when he pulled me roughly off the ground and began to drag me once more, though you couldn't have heard my cries for help over the cheering as the auction continued. My feet dug into the ground and my elbows fought to connect with something that could slow him down. But the beast wasn't effected at all! He just lifted me even higher to where I could no longer make contact with the ground.