Blood Moon

..............................................................

One day I'll hurt you, I promise.

...................................................................

Of course, she's his sister. Her dark hair, body tone, and eyes were same. I could tell Andrew was more intense than she was, though not making her any less powerful.

Her eyes wandered over me and I became self-conscious about my body and appearance. I wish I could've had a bit more of a warning to look better, but Andrew seemed just as surprised as I was that she was already here. Andrew stepped away from me so his sister could have more access, his body and stature still protective and ready as he stood apart from me.
Brooklyn studied me some more, occasionally tilting her head to the side for a different angle. I felt like an experiment. "She's very beautiful Andrew. How did she find you?"

My cheeks heated at such a compliment.

Andrew smirked, crossing his arms over his chest as he responded. "I found her, actually."

Brooklyn chuckled. "I thought you told James and I you were done looking for 'the one'?"

The man beside Brooklyn, James, was tall and had beautiful black skin he showed off proudly by rolling his sleeves. He nodded in agreement beside Brooklyn with a small smile on his lips.

"I felt her presence, my beast had went into a frenzy and - " Andrew cleared his throat beside me, his eyebrows were knitted together. This was a very embarrassing topic for both of us.
"I bought her at an auction."

"Auction?" Her nose wrinkled at the thought and she began to sympathize with me. She was highly intelligent, Brooklyn's mind working to pick apart every detail. "You poor thing, I know that must've been hard for you to go through. Alphas wouldn't sell pack mates, not even if you were a rogue." Brooklyn examined me again, the shake of her head as she tried to fit me into a catagory. "She isn't a rogue."

Andrew nodded his head, his head moving slow with eyes glued to his sister trying to find any hint that she was catching on to what he had just said.
James noticed our unease first, reaching for Brooklyn to pull her backward and away from me.

"She was being sold." She repeated, so lost in her mind that she couldn't even properly react to James moving her away. Brooklyn reached for him, her hand resting against his arm as she stared into my eyes, maybe even noticing me completely. She noticed my height, my lack of muscle, my appearance.

Her eyes drifted to my foot, the ankle wrap slightly hidden from my socks and shoes. She noticed, her nostrils flare as the doctor's had. I retreated to Andrews side and wrapped my hands around his arm. Andrew looped his hand around my waist, ready to put me behind him if necessary.

She knew. She knew what I am.

A growl erupted from her chest and she pointed an accusing finger at me. "She's human."

James growled lowly and pulled Brooklyn completely away, his lip pulled back to show pearl white teeth. They contrasted beautifully with his mixed skin tone and his bright eyes. It was a shame he was growling at me with a murderous look. "How did this happen? What did you do?"

Andrew shrugged his shoulders and folded his arms making me lose my grip on him. I laid a hand against his torso, feeling more safe if I were still touching him. Andrew exposed his muscles and dared James to test his patience. "I don't know how this happened. I don't know why we're different. But I'll be damned if you think you will threaten and talk about her this way. She's not a fucking parasite." He let Brooklyn and James take in a few deep breaths to calm themselves before saying anything else. James backed away and left Brooklyn's side and took a seat on the entry furniture. Brooklyn couldn't meet Andrew's eyes. Andrew reached for my hand which I gave to him without hesitation. I couldn't imagine how Andrew was handling this. He must be so ashamed of having me here with him.