Periods

.................................................................

Head in the clouds,
Heart in the roses.

...................................................................

Andrew's pov...

She had blushed when I touched her lower stomach, the act almost sending me into a spiral and my beats were getting ideas. Laying her back against the bed, I had to clear my mind of bending her over my knee, my intentions really were to just take her pain away - for now.

I tried to remember how I had done it last time, wondering if I could even reach the spots that were hurting her now that it was in a more sensitive area. My powers burned my palms, throbbing the pads of my fingers before I rested both hands on her skin, suddenly making the heat all worth it. Emily was hesitant at first, worried that it would hurt - unaware that I would throw myself down those stairs that she dreads if I caused her any pain.

Emily had sighed in relief, letting her eyes close for a moment before she smiled and looked up at me. I couldn't be any happier as I smiled back.

It was working.

My beasts were delighted, my mind roaming in their favor for just a second as they fought to be heard. Resting myself beside her, I could sense Emily's comfort as she moved closer to me, her fingers finding my hair and sending me to heaven.

You can do this Andrew, gently now - you can put your arms around her. I entangled her in my hold, my body rewarding me with the numb sensations of the mate bond. She liked it too as she closed her eyes again, the smell of sleep filling my mind as I laid beside her until her breathing grew heavier and the dreams began to fade.

Emily loves me, I hadn't thought I could ever be loved - especially not by her. I ran through her jumbled mind as she slept, eager to see what would have her attention while she wasn't aware. Her thoughts were preoccupied with us, the images only showing the good memories when we smiled. I had decided then that if she could think of me this way for the rest of her life - I'd be satisfied. I liked the way she thinks of me, always seeing the good sides to me in every situation.

I sat there adoring her for a moment, kissing her hair and inhaling the scent so I could hold it in my lungs. She would always be mine due to the bond - thank the Moon Goddess for including me in her curse - but now I knew she loved me, genuinely. We didn't have to rely on a forced connection to join us because we have love now, and I could properly show her what it means to be loved. There was hope for me once again. Because she loved me, I have a purpose again. I have something to live for, something to protect, take care of, love and provide a future for. I have to do this right, and I'll be damned if anything gets in my way.

"Brooklyn. Figure out what Emily needs for human periods." I wouldn't part with her, not now at least while she was asleep so deeply in my hold. I could hear Brooklyn register my question, her wolf growing a bit excited when I mentioned Emily.

"How am I supposed to know?" She snapped, her tone rattling my beasts. "What if there is a certain size or shape?"

"Figure it out," I growled back, irritated at the thought of having to get up and do it myself. "She needs them soon." The smell of human was starting to grow stronger in my room after having her reside here for the last few days. It would be harder to explain and cover up if the pack didn't know soon.