No More Crying

......................................................................

A hero does not retire. They simply die a hero or stick around so long they become a villian.

......................................................................

Andrew's pov...

We stood at the border between Blood and Knight, my paws sinking into the earth here. It's been five minutes since we stopped, waiting for a patrol of theirs to show up and escort us to their Alpha.

The ring tied around my neck burned my skin. It was a painful reminder of what I am fighting for, always making me aware of the time and how much was wasted.

I growled in annoyance.

If they don't come and meet us soon, I'll go and find them myself. Alpha Blood style, which usually always promised death.

Another minute passed.

I ran, pushing my group forward though they were reluctant to trespass. This wasn't their first time, this particular party concluded Blood Moon's core strength. My wolves were used to pushing the boundaries a bit, I mean - I was the one leading them.

This may have been Gale's first time trespassing, no matter how strong the dominant traits were, it would always be hard for a wolf the first time.

Gale tumbled to a stop right before we reached the tainted borderline, knocking my back feet off balanced. I had gone to nip at his scruff and drag him along until he was sturdy again, but Gale resisted with a snarled whine, the fear in his eyes making me turn around to stop for him. "Ignore him, keep going." Cantu led them in my place, knowing if he needed to stop for me he would wait up ahead.

I looked back at Gale, still defying the line. "Keep going."

"Alpha - !" Gale whined and writhed in pain as he pushed his paws to step over the line. "I can't!"

"Move Gale!" I gripped him with my teeth, dragging him forward the rest of the way. He couldn't help it, my command was law for these fuckers and his body went completely limp from my authority. He recovered quickly, on his strong legs that pushed him forward to meet my gallop, only resuming my position at the front when he had recovered. "You're doing great Gale and I know this is hard for you, but you're my Beta right now so pick it up a bit, yeah?"

Gale thanked me, keeping by my side as we charged forward and met where the others had slowed their pace. They knew and too understand that pain, it was betrayal to the Moon Goddess's way of things. They wouldn't give him too much of a hard time about it, but they're definitely telling Dameon when we all get back.

I pulled the group ahead, making a jump we could all easily clear. Even Gale, traumatized as he was, built like the mountain wolves who were bigger than grizzly bears. We leapt over fallen trees, and swam through mud filled lakes.

I could smell the rustic blood bleeding out from one of my warrior's paws, the blood continued because it wasn't able to heal properly. He tried to get me to stop so the group could take a break, and now his body littered the banks of the lake.

A slight jolt of fear clawed its way into my mind, the thought of turning back into the monster I was before knowing Emily.

I howled to state my presence in their land, the scent wafting into my nose telling me we had traveled pretty far into their territory. We slowed, coming to a stop as the group caught up with me. I warned them to relax, especially after just announcing ourselves like I did. They would be coming to find me, knowing I wasn't one to leave unattended.