Don't Lose Hope

How many hits to the face does it take to break a Luna?
Lets see -
One - two - three -

Andrew's pov..

The man squirmed under my hold, veins bulging from his neck under my fingertips as they burst, healed, then burst again from the pressure.
I was taking control of his mind, showing him nothing but tortures and nightmares as I realized I was getting carried away. I let his purple face hit the dirt before I turned away from him.

We continued our search for her, coming up with nothing but loose trails of her scent fading and trailing away. I tore off my shirt, tossing it with my pants to the side as I shifted into my wolf.

The thoughts were too much for me to bear, my wolf easily angered and betrayed by the absence of Emily's presence. The animal in me screamed at me, my head rubbing over the rough bark of a tree near me as I tried to settle my thoughts.

"... she's gone. You'll never find her. They've hurt her, you've failed her - you have done nothing!"

The fur under my eyes laid flat with tears, a look I seemed to carry most time these days. I pushed myself to walk deeper into the woods, catching scent of Dameon as he was a little ways ahead of me - closer to the border.

I reached out to Emily again, not expecting her to answer anymore. I could faintly feel her emotions, confusing them with my own when I couldn't speak to her about it. "I tried to be gentle, I tried to give you what you wanted. I didn't rip your freedom from you  - and look at us now. Separated. Alone. They mistook your kindness for weakness, I won't let them mistake it again."

The single thought of Cain boiled my throat, my skin adjusting to the heat as my body switches between powers continuously. I couldn't pin point Cain's location, he knew I was looking for him, deciding to hide with my woman held captive.

Cain was working with that bastard Clayton, the one who wouldn't give up the fight for her from the auctions and his little trespassing party. He escaped from my hold last night with the raid, but I had caught another who spilled their plans to me right before I gutted him.

He had said that Cain organized a group of rogues to call a pack, strengthening them in numbers before going to attack the other packs. The information would have drained from him anyway, whether it came from his mouth or his mind - I would expose it.

No one could tell me where they were keeping her, or where I could find Cain.
Not knowing the location meant he was hardly useful to me, I disposed of him when I was finished.

There was a little incident that I wasn't too pleased to hear. The she wolf I had banished, Sarah, had joined with them and had exposed what she knew about us, probably helping them into the pack house later that night.

"Alpha?" The doctor whined in my ear, as he invaded my mind. I had grown hopeful that it was my Luna, finally returning my call out to her. I snarled when I heard his voice, knowing better than to get excited.

She wouldn't be speaking to me this way anymore

"What is it, Cason? I'm busy."

"We have traced a powdered poison that's littering all along the wine glasses you and the Luna drank from. We've researched the substance - it is what is keeping the two of you from speaking with each other."

Though it wasn't necessarily good news, it was something and at this point - I would take it.

All I knew was that Emily was panicked, and something was probably tied around her hands. There was slight discomfort there, and I had found myself looking at my skin for the answer earlier. If Emily and I could still feel each other's emotions, then at least I could keep track of when she gets hurt.