Sins

......................................................................

Why does it feel like a sin to love something so perfect?

......................................................................

Andrew's pov...

My demon could not be pleased with so little bloodshed, and my wolf raged to be released so that I could properly chase our company away. The way her fingers trembled against my arm made my heart-break - only fueling the monster in me craving their death.

I looked down at her, her well being being my top priority always. She was upset and clearly overwhelmed. Tears had gathered in her eyes, breaking whatever sanity I thought I had. Emily was afraid and was feeling my anger I couldn't control.

While the pack paid no attention to us from cheering, I shielded her away from them - protecting her weak heart against anyone's gaze. I listened to her breath as her head rested against my arm, her pheromones coursing through my body helped relax my mind. "He's gone, my dear. You don't need cower like I'm not here."

Her hand wrapped around my finger and I had to look up at the sky to breathe properly. My breath hinges on my throat, my self control being tempted now. My words had not eased her worries.  "I know." She replied, her voice nothing but a whisper.

"What's wrong then?" I wanted to solve all of her problems, desperate to see her smile so I could quench the need to see it. "What's bothering you?"

"I don't want him to hurt the pack. He was so angry -" Emily spoke, the smell of her salty tears filling my nose as they filmed her eyes. "- and I was so angry. I wanted to hurt him Andrew. I've never wanted to hurt anyone like that before."

Emily wasn't like me, craving the chaos and conflict. It was natural for me, the demon side of me earned that reputation. Now it was affecting her, something I wouldn't have allowed if I had known. "That - that was my anger. I'm sorry."  My stomach felt gutted, my hold on her tightening instinctively as I tried to rid the guilt.

"How can I feel your anger?" Emily asked as her arms embraced me back, her pulse beating against my skin.

"Our bond is too strong to just affect my body, it's now grown to affect you too." It was the truth, each day we became more alike in more ways than one, whether it be our joined scent, our emotions and thoughts, or our traits.

I wiped her tears away before the pack could smell them, licking them away from my thumb like it was a gift she had given me. The pain blossoming in my chest didn't feel like a gift, all parts of me hated it the most when she cried.
"Baby, don't cry over this. That bastard isn't worth your tears."

"I'm sorry." She rubbed her face with her palm, her eyebrows furrowing as her eyes darkened. It was worsening.

"For what?" I tucked a piece of hair behind her ear so I could see her face, worried about her condition now that she had sealed her tears.

"For crying. I don't even know why -" She huffed her feelings away, burying them as if that would heal her.

A touch of her self-hatred surfaced, my mind catching it as I scanned her thoughts to hear what she was thinking. Emily wasn't free to express her emotions often before I found her, and I knew there would always be a piece of her that I couldn't reach or fix. She was human - not a thing that could be broken and easily put back together. Others had betrayed her, failed her and hurt her - before she even had the chance to become anything.

I took her hands in my one, then with the other I tilted her face so that I could look into her eyes properly, a part of me hoping to see the parts that were hurting her. My fingers ran over her fresh freckles, my mind had been paying attention to them surfacing over her face. "It's okay to cry, Emily. It doesn't make weak or worthless. It means you're alive."