Experiment

If the enemy is in range, so are you.

"You will keep it a secret." Andrew insisted, a threat within his tone as he guarded me.

"But Alpha - how could you do this to us? You risk our safety by having her here! What happens if the other packs find out -"

"What was I to do? Where is she supposed to go? She's my mate and she will stay with me in my pack!" Andrew's hand tightened around my hold, keeping me standing behind him. It was not safe yet, and he made sure that I knew. "You will not say a fucking thing about this or her to anyone." Andrew stopped speaking and took a deep breath to collect himself, "Your can't afford it. If you utter a single word about this to anyone, I will tear you open and leave your body for the rogues to pick through!"

The doctor kept the medical cart as a barrier between himself and the Alpha as he lowered himself to the floor. Pressing his face against the floor, he extended his neck as a retreat. I tried my best to keep the beast at bay by my side.

"Alpha, I do not see any chances of this working out for the future. We do not know what the human body could withstand. Her life is at risk here, by our enemies and by you." The doctor slowly began to rise from the floor, keeping his eyes away from me as he spoke. "Scientifically speaking, her emotions should be frying at any point now because she wasn't created to handle the moon goddesses blessing. If you try to do anything intimate, you would be risking her life. Beasts in the presence of prey are not always gentle and in control."

Andrew didn't say a word, but only glared and listened to what the man had to say. I listened carefully as well, waiting to hear something that may anger Andrew to the point of fighting again.

"Not only that, but the extreme traumatic toll on her brain and body to feel every single emotion you offer to her - how is she to do much else? Once you both gain the greatest amount of unity from the mate bond - if you are ever to reach it to begin with, I'm not sure how much longer she will have before her body shuts down completely."

Andrew looked confused, his one arm latched between my hands went slightly soft, falling into my hold tenderly. "I'll kill her?"

"I mean only the best when I say this Luna, but the two of you aren't exactly compatible, at least anatomy wise. Our Alpha is not one to lose sight of and you should always be reminded to be cautious. We are beasts after all, and the wild nature of our beings is still strong." The man cleared his throat, taking a moment to roll his neck before continuing. "If Andrew we're to lose control, say - in a heat of passion, whether from intimacy or battle, he could easily dominate you and mistake you for prey or an enemy. You will always be in danger if you're not careful."

A deep blush covered my face at the accusation of being dominated. I hadn't thought the animalistic traits Andrew carried could get so strong. It probably didn't help that he has those instincts and his demonic side as well.

Andrew pulled me closer, the possession of his grip only growing tighter. He was extremely aggravated and upset about this topic and still was not sure if it was safe to relax or not.
"Our Luna will not be parted from me, she will be fine at my side and perform the same duties any Luna would." He sickly laughed at the man and I had to close my eyes to keep myself from getting sick. "Doc, is there tasks you don't believe our Luna is fit for? Won't you tell me?"

The man looked nervous, still continuing to keep his distance from us while making no sudden movements. "I'm afraid she isn't able to perform in the way some others are able to. She is too small, too weak and so fragile." He backed away to the wall and Andrew left my side to close in on him. I grabbed for the side of the bed for support as I watched in a daze.