Intruder

......................................................................

The door you just kicked down was locked for your protection. Not mine.
Welcome to the belly of beasts.

......................................................................

Andrew's pov...

Well that was a shit idea, it was harder for me to entertain the idea of this movie when I was around when this had happened. Her salty tears were all I could smell, her eyes irritated by this point.

By the Moon Goddess, what have I done?

"There was room for him too! Wasn't there? She could've moved over, or - they could've taken turns being on that thing!" Emily desperately tried to think of other possible solutions, growing more frustrated the more she thought of it.
Here I thought this movie would make her happy, keep her entertained and distracted from the bleeding and cramps. I didn't know this would take a toll on her emotions - on our emotions. I had my arms wrapped around her torso my head trapping her arm from doing much but wave a tissue to her face. She looked at me desperately, a question brewing in her mind but her mouth speaking it before I had time to read it. "You wouldn't leave me like that, right? You would have crawled on or stayed warm enough to survive too?"

I held her in my arms more tenderly, my body waking a bit at the glare of her attention. I thought over her question, looking back at the television screen as the boy slowly sank under the dark water before disappearing, limiting her choices down to help her survive. It was difficult to sympathize with.  "If I was in that position, I'd probably try to do more to keep you safe and warm. Dry at the very least."

"That wasn't the question." Her tone was a little sharp, my ears picking up on it before my grip tightened on her arms.

"He did what he needed to do to save her, Emily, and it was a humane death. I would do what I needed to do too, putting your needs above my own."

"You asshole." Emily's eyebrows furrowed as a frown set on her lips. "You would be the heroic type and die on me, leaving me here? Alone?"
She wiped her tears off her cheeks then rolled from me. I resisted the urge to whine at the lack of her body touching mine, trying hard to ignore her cursing me from before. She threw a pillow at me hitting me square in the face, my temper finally reaching the point where issues would begin.

I growled in annoyance, my lip curling a bit as my need for order pulsed through my veins. I needed to punish her, remind her who exactly I was so she wouldn't forget again.
"Where the hell do you think you're going?" I asked, the rumble of a warning vibrated my tongue as the room filled with a low growl.

"Away from you." Emily said the words a bit softer now, still a bit pouting from before but more patient.

I tested her anger, reaching out too soon to hold her hand before she went too far, her head looking back at my hold as she groaned.

"Let go of me, Andrew. I'm serious this time, I want to get up."

I could hear in her tone she was back to being aggravated, her tone making my pheromones leak to dominate. "I thought the crying shit was because you didn't want me to leave you? But you get to leave?" She could feel my body calling for her, trying to sooth her so she would lower her tone.

She sniffled, her nose slightly red as she gave in, joining me back on the bed and under my hold. "No, I don't get to leave, I have no other place to go. But you - you would leave knowing you had this much weight to leave behind."