Salvation

Life doesn't give second chances.
You have to go and make the changes yourself.

Emily's pov...

The monitors filling the room burst to life as I thrashed through another spasm of pain, air refusing to enter my lungs unless I struggled and fought for it. My body thrashed against Dameon and Gale's hold, wanting to only tear the oxygen mask from my face and take a real breath.

Doctor Cason ran a wet rag over my skin, trying what he could for now to bring my body temperature back down. I had ice packs and bags outlining my body, melting in a matter of minutes before they had to be replaced.

I strained for air, hands clawing at my throat ready to tear it open if that meant I could breathe.

Finally, my lungs filled and my body collapsed onto the bed after fighting for so long. Dameon and Gale lifted their weight from me as Dameon raised my arms into the air as I recovered from feeling strangled. Gale exploded with panic. "Holy shit Emily! Did you forget how to breathe or something?" His eyes filled with unshed tears that I could not make disappear. I had scared them, not even knowing the cause for my body's reactions.

The coughing already intensified the pain, my limbs hanging weakly in the air until Dameon lowered them, I was aching in brokenness though I hadn't been struck or hurt. 

Doctor Cason paced the room grabbing medicine to shove into my system.

My lungs burned.

"I have no clue what is happening!" The Doctor Cason yelled, his hands clawing through his hair as he struggled to fix me, finding more medicine and pain relievers to give to me without the fear of me overdosing. Gale offered me some water to drink, the trickle that ran down my chin soon began to blend in with the sweat on my body. Doctor Cason had undressed me when the heat first started rising, only able to leave me in my undergarments though I had deliberately tried to pull them off when my skin was melting.

Celestia was here too with us, Dameon asking her to come and help because she was more nurturing than these brutes for men. She would brush my hair away from my face before running a towel over me, my sighs of relief bringing a smile to her face.

This last spasm left me weaker than it did before, my vision slowly fading out as I began to lose consciousness. My head rolled to the side as the sight of my blood covering the floor faded into nothingness and I gave up trying to fight against this pain.

Andrew - I can't fight anymore.

I love you -

.

.

.

.

Andrew's pov...

Move. Fucking. Faster.

The breeze of cold air had nearly made me pass out as my skin steamed as it tried to cool. I was sprinting, running nearly as fast as my wolf as I flew through my territory towards home. When I stumbled across the uneven ground my beasts wouldn't let me stop running, my limbs crawling my way back into a hurry.

Emily was hurting, her soul screaming out to me - pulling me in the direction that she was as the connection recognized us as one. It was time to make my appearance, a howl bellowing out of my crisped lungs as I continued to race on, time battling against me. 

My limbs still weren't entirely healed from the torture in heal, my collar-bone broken and jutting out of my skin, catching leaves and brush as I fought my way through. I wouldn't be able to shift into my wolf right now - not without the risk of damaging myself even more.