The Start

......................................................................

If we were able to write out our own life, would it still be a story worth reading?

......................................................................

Music played softly in the background as people danced and enjoyed themselves. We had moved back inside after the ceremony, my hand bandaged and healing rather quickly.

Andrew pulled me into his hold as we watched from our designated spots, a soft smile on his hips as he rested his chin on the top of my head. I ran my hands over his fresh suit, loving the way the dark color suited him.

The wolves celebrated was really a sight to see as they moved gracefully to the rhythm of the music. Brooklyn and James danced too, laughing as they twirled around the others.

"We can dance too, Mrs. Blood." Andrew's voice was soft as he spoke lowly to me, the vibration of his chest ringing in my ears.

My lips stretched at the new name, enjoying the way it came from his lips with pride. "Mrs. Blood?"

"I already know, you don't have to tell me." Andrew chuckled with a sigh, his teasing tone leaking into his voice as I prepared for what he would say. "It feels great to be married to me, doesn't it?"

I leaned into his touch with the shake of my head, ignoring his comment as I looked back at the dancers. "Mrs. Blood doesn't dance, Mr. Blood."

"Do you know how? What if I lead?"

"Well, maybe - !" I was jerked away from my spot, Andrew pulling me to the dance floor in a rush. He stopped abruptly in front of me, my feet not catching myself as I ran into him.

"Emily! Are you alright?" Andrew turned around to face me, his face darkening as he realized he had gotten carried away. His hands cupped my face to examine me, patting me off as if that were cleaning dirt away. Andrew kissed the top of my head as an apology. "Better?"

I rested my hands over his, looking up at him as I smiled. "Not quite."

Andrew could feel what I was asking for, his thumb taking hold of my chin as he pulled on my lower lip. His face dipped to mine, his lips hovering over mine as he gently kissed me.
Fire works exploded in my head and my body felt numb with emotion. Andrew pulled away too quickly leaving my head spinning for a second.

He noticed the look on my face, his eyes darkening a bit as he groaned. Andrew pulled his bottom lip between his teeth, drawing in a breath. "Emily, now that we're married like this, there's nothing stopping me from having you anymore. I want you to have a great time tonight without my beast interfering. I just want to play it safe, for you."

I nodded my head and smiled nervously as my insides flipped as he hinted that the time would be soon. I didn't let my mind wander, wanting to enjoy the moment with him.

Andrew took my hand in his and placed his other hand on my waist, smiling down at me as we prepared to move once the song changed.

"I can't do this very well." I laughed nervously as I began to anticipate his movements and found myself trying to lead as well.

"Please, you're a natural." Andrew praised, not minding as he just enjoyed himself while we danced. The pack gave us room to dance around the room for a moment of solitary, joining us towards the end of the song.

I sighed as I rested my head against Andrew's chest, my arms wrapped around his neck as my hand played softly with his dark curls. I didn't have to worry about anything with Andrew beside me.