Suffocation

Dying is a boring side effect.

Emily's pov...

I woke before the sun today, in a cold and damp sweat that beaded my body. I groaned in pain, rolling from the bed while making my way to the bathroom, my back hunched and my arms wrapping around my body. I emptied my stomach in the toilet, wave after wave of pain raked over my body like I was being beaten, only causing me to get sick more.

I thought I could handle it on my own, I have had nausea before - but never this pain that came with it. My knees had buckled, black spots creeping around the edges of my vision until it was like I had closed my eyes.

"Dameon!" I yelled in panic, barely getting his name out loud before I was gagging again.

I could hear Dameon's footsteps and opened my eyes to blink away the dark smudges in my vision. His face was pale, eyes widened in surprise as he saw me crumpled on the floor. "Oh Gods! What did you do?!"

Dameon couldn't bring himself to come any closer, taking a retreating step back as he covered his mouth and left the bathroom. In any other situation when I didn't feel like I was dying, I probably would have laughed at him for not being able to handle vomit - but could easily slaughter a being if needed or asked to.

Gale entered the bathroom first with a damp rag in his hands that he rested against my forehead. Dameon stood at the entrance to the bathroom, still unable to bring himself to enter.

"Leave Dameon, it's okay Gale is here."

"I can't leave you." Dameon said sternly, taking a small step into the bathroom as he tried to overcome his own sickness.

I groaned as Gale pushed my hair out of my face, looking weakly up at Dameon who still hesitated. "I'll still think you're super cool even if you have to leave."

Dameon chuckled, leaning against the door frame with his eyes sealed shut. Although he was concentrating on unnerving himself, he found a response to give to me. "I can't look like a bitch in front of you just yet, Luna."

Gale helped me clean off my face, flushing the toilet before helping me stand on my shaky legs, he helped me slowly make my way to the sink. Confusion pricked my skin when I noticed my appearance, my color still bright and my eyes a little watery but nothing out of the ordinary.

"You don't smell like you have a fever either." Dameon found the courage to open his eyes, taking note of my complexion before he arched a brow and narrowed his eyes. "We need to get you to the pack doctor."

I turned away from the mirror to look at them seriously, a little shaken that they deemed this worrisome enough to go to Doctor Cason about. I was willing to brush it off, like they had wanted and continue pushing as their Luna, why were they making a fuss now? "I'm fine, just a little nauseous was all."

Their faces blanked, eyes widening slowly before even their mouths began to part. I took a step away from them, startled by the expressions they were giving me. What had caused them to make that kind of expression?

"Emily - " Gale reached forward and his fingertips touched the skin underneath my nose. When his hand retreated, I could see my blood coating his fingers. " - you're bleeding." I turned around nervously and looked into the mirror again, two streams of blood coming out of my nostrils and leaving a red trail down to my chin. I stumbled back in surprise, my hands going to wipe away the blood as I ran into Gale by accident. His hands gripped my arms as a means to catch me, but he had pulled back so quickly like I had hurt him. "She's burning up!"