Wait

........................................................

Sheep will sprint to the slaughterhouse.

......................................................................

Brooklyn and I walked back into the living area later, my face a bit red and hers clearly proud. Andrew and James were in deep conversation when we got close, but Andrew - although facing the complete opposite direction from me - turned the instant he heard me and smiled.

His eyes held me in my spot, my face already flustered. Brooklyn's hand rested against my shoulder shortly before she pulled away to sit with James.

I sat next to Andrew on the couch, his hand against my furthest thigh pulled me in closer. Andrew's hand rested against my leg and found my hand.

"Was she nice? Do I need to say something?"

James and Brooklyn began their own conversation, James telling her she took a while in there.

"It was great."

Andrews' lips parted slightly, a small smile pulling on his lips as his gaze softened. "I'm glad. I guess if you can handle me, you can handle anyone."

"Brother, Emily and I had spoke a bit before and - what will you do for mating season?" Brooklyn's voice rung in the air as she looked over her shoulder at us.

Andrew gulped hard and his hand tightened a little on my knee. He turned back to look at me as his own face reddened to match mine. "What did you two talk about?"

Brooklyn looked over at James and smiled, they gave each other a knowing smile. "It will be here shortly, and we spoke a little before about what the Doctor had warned. What will you do?"

"Brooklyn," Andrew muttered in warning, he took a hard swallow and turned to look at his sister. "I don't even let myself think about it so be careful with your words. My beast isn't prepared."

She groaned and nodded towards James. "This is natural, right? Kind of like animal planet!"

"Brooklyn. This isn't a conversation we can have right now." Andrew left no room to talk on the subject, his hold on me similar to a seat belt.

Brooklyn growled under her breath.
"Well," she looked at me, her anger softening a bit, "- are you excited about the Lunas arrival?"

I shrugged my shoulders knowing fully that I was panicking on the inside about it.
"I'm not sure I know what I'm supposed to do."

Brooklyn scowled at Andrew. "What have y'all been wasting so much time on? Have you picked out a dress at least?"

I shook my head 'no', she groaned again but this time had enough with us. She stood and took my hand, pulling me from my place on the couch and out of Andrew's hold. "It's about time she got out of the house. We're going shopping, go get some real clothes on!"

"She isn't going anywhere without me," Andrew growled standing as well while displaying he was clearly aggravated.

"You're going to go shopping with us?" Brooklyn asked.

He looked at me and sighed. "If that's what I have to do. But she needs to eat first."

"Oh, Andrew leave the girl alone. We can eat at the mall if necessary." She pulled James from his chair in excitement, looking at their clothes too. "We'll meet you back here when we're ready, we need to change too."