Breakfast with Beast

A beast does not know he is a beast.
The nearer a man gets to becoming a beast, the less he knows it.

I was standing on the blood-stained stage, and with the way these monsters looked at me, I could tell it was my turn to perform.

One monster stood out from the others.
His wicked eyes watched me intently. A snarl on his lip as his smile drew back like an arrow locked on a string. The famous smirk.

Suddenly I was being dragged towards the beast by a force I couldn't control. My movements already feeling like I was running through cement. I screamed in terror, knowing this was the end for me, and I would be devoured like the others before me.

"No please! Don't take me to him!" I felt the many dirty hands touch me all over, but the worst touch belonged to him. They burned me, intoxicated me - persuaded my body to become numb to his touch. He controlled me like he owned me.

Which he did.

I couldn't see his face, but I knew I desperately wanted to. I dared to reach up into the darkness and graze his face with my fingertips. The only thing visible were his teeth which kept me in my place.

The beast chuckled at my urgency and pulled himself out of the shadows, giving me little satisfaction as I gazed upon my prize. Andrew.
His fangs were sharp and his mouth bloody. He lifted his hand and grabbed me by the throat, gently caressing my skin.

"You better be worth it." Andrew's tongue darted from his mouth and licked the crook of my neck, eyes trailing to my ear. "Or - I'll kill you."

I spat my rage towards him, knowing I didn't want the contact or to feel trapped under his ownership. "I hate you."

Pain etched his face, taking me by surprise so much so I felt myself going limp. A disgruntled whine left him and I fell to my knees at his feet.

"I didn't want you either, you know. I didn't ask for this, I didn't ask for you."
Then, he turned and walked away.

My eyes shot open, fingers clutched with thin sheets.

After releasing my hold, my fingers grazed my head, expecting to find a hammer nailing me at my temple. I had the biggest headache in between my eyes.
I quickly sat up and moved the pillows off the bed, searching for any trace of the beast who laid here before. I didn't see his body.

I was a little surprised, but grateful.
He did as was requested and left my room.

Well, maybe not completely.

I noted a shady figure leaning against the wall by the door, slumped as sleep still held him. He had a grey shirt in his hand that he held closely tucked to his chest. His eyes were closed at first. I took the view in and swallowed the extra saliva that was forming in my mouth, appreciating that at least he was beautiful even if he was a beast. As I continued to study him, I noticed he wore street clothes, maybe as if he had been up already before. With that thought formed many questions within me.

His brows were furrowed together in what looked like anger as he groaned against the wall.

Oh please let him be a morning person.

Andrew's eyes shot open and he looked up at me, a scowl on his face as he rolled his eyes. I wondered what I did to anger him already.

"Good morning," I whispered.
He grunted in response looking disturbed. He stood from the floor and moved to sit on the bed, his weight causing a dip by my feet.