Not Enough Time

How do you kill yourself without actually dying?
Love someone that doesn't love you back.

Three months into pregnancy, one without our fallen Beta Dameon. The transition was tough, the loss even harder. It took a while for the pack to refocus and live our lives again, especially for Andrew and Gale.

Andrew hadn't shown that it had bothered him as much as it really did, trying to stay strong for me and the baby as the risks began to climb. It was hard for me to stand by his side and watch him recover, but it was a job that I wouldn't give to anyone else.

I was happy to know that he found comfort in me.

Gale had been working hard, filling the role of Beta after Cantu had refused the offer in order to keep his role as the commander of our militia. Personally, I think Gale is doing a great job beside the times when Andrew complains about him.

I know Gale isn't his favorite, the role of Andrew's Beta a huge hole Gale has to fill. Sometimes their bickering can be annoying, but they both try their best to keep me happy and overall they are - working through it?

Like now, Andrew has joined Gale's patrol party as they meet with Alpha Ivan to discuss a training camp for next fall. We still haven't chosen a Gamma yet, Andrew's hoping that after the training camp our options will be a little more clear.

I walked outside and enjoyed the fresh air, walking through the field with wildflowers in hopes to catch Andrew when he returned. My fingers ran through the tall blades of grass, reminded of the little girl I saw here. The little girl who had tried to give me the white rose, I ran into her a few days ago. She looks as old as me and no longer cares about flowers.

I couldn't see where my feet were stepping, my pregnant belly growing far quicker than I could have expected. The back pains are unbelievable, Andrew oftentimes has his complaints too though he tries to hold it in for me. I'm always hungry too, craving the saltiest of foods and meats.

Speak of the devil and he shall appear, Andrew was coming my direction now, stalking over the field as he stretched out his joints. His shirt was bundled into his hand, body glistening under the sun and reminding me of the pop rocks candy.

He smiled when he neared me, reaching out to hold me though I grimaced away from him. Andrew embraced me despite my protests, cringing away from his sweaty body that molded against me in a tight hug. "Hey baby."

"Oh, don't 'hey baby' me!" I held my hands up in surrender, feeling my shirt slightly damp from him rubbing against me. "Andrew, you're all sweaty."

Sea salt chocolate and ice cream. My eyes widened at the craving as I turned to look at Andrew who rolled the idea around in his mind.

"Sounds interesting, but I won't ask." Andrew raised an eyebrow and pecked me on the lips, wrapping his hands around my torso again. "You're developing nicely into your mommy body, your breasts have gotten so big I can hardly hug you properly."

I glared at him and smacked his chest lightly, running my hands over the bottom of my stomach to cradle it. "You're talking about the size of my breasts? Not my pregnant belly?"

"What about it?" At the mention of fast growth, Andrew's hands rested on either side of my belly as he pulled me closer with a hum, looking down at me with a smile.

"I can't even see my feet anymore."

Andrew kissed the top of my head, running his hands over my stomach to dodge the kicking as the baby recognized his presence. "The way I see it, it's just even more of you that I get to love!"