Moon

......................................................................

There are very few monsters that warrant the fear we have for them.

......................................................................

Him.

Speaking of him -

He had just told me that he loved me.

Andrew smirked from beside me, his hand holding mine.
"Yes, but in my own way. My being, my purpose, my existence - everything I am is just for you." His arm wrapped protectively around my body, turning me to face inward, shielding me from this toxic and harmful world. "You don't have to say anything back. I'd rather you just stand here and let me hold onto you for a while."

With my head laid on his chest, I could feel his heart dance in my ears. The feeling was warm, matching the sting of heat on my face. I was utterly engrossed by him, the simple feel of him already pushed my limits, but now that he had admitted to me his feelings - I was intoxicated.

Andrew's face lifted towards the woman at the counter as she rang up our things, slowly handing us the bag.

Andrew reached for it before I could, tossing his eyes to mock me soon after. He nodded his head for the exit and I followed behind him.
"Thank you," I called behind me as we began to walk away, turning to see if she heard me.

"No problem, Luna. Bring some pups with you next time!" Her voice rang loudly behind us, catching my attention as we left. Her comment shocked me, my head spinning around to see if any one had heard her. No one looked bothered about it as they busied themselves.

She was one of them.

Andrew laughed beside me because of my state, his body blocking mine from getting bumped by passers. I slowly waved at her, taking his arm again as he walked us along.  "Let's go my moon, before someone runs you over and I'll have to kill them."

I followed with my hand in his, still surprised at the interaction from before. Today is just full of excitement. "Where are we going now?"

Andrew's eyes drifted from one side of the stores to the other, in search of something.
"It's almost one, so I figured we could eat before we continue."

I internally groaned, wishing that we were already done. "We are still going shopping?" I wondered how much Brooklyn and James were getting accomplished. Would they join us soon?

"If you want to." Andrew finished, finding a place that he wanted to go to next before leading me along. Voices carried from the shops and from the people walking made the walls bounce with noise. It would be safe to talk aloud here without the worry anyone would hear us. "There's some things we will still need to find, but that can wait until we get some food."

I wondered about the things we still needed, my emotions and energy already drained from the morning. Andrew was gentle as he tugged me with him, careful of the others who were walking near us. We entered a food court bustling with people, Andrew frowned almost instantly and pulled me closer.

"Is something wrong?" I didn't see anything out of the ordinary, nor did I feel like anything was wrong. My eyes glanced towards the couple of security guards who patrolled, their eyes mindful of Andrew as they looked at his size. I didn't think they would bother us as they continued to stroll.

"People, there's so many that keep looking at you." He shuddered visibly, speaking like he needed to get a bad taste from his mouth. "It bothers me the way they all judge each other so effortlessly. Do they even know you?"