Cain Wilson

......................................................................

When you need me, I'll step out of the shadows and protect what's
MINE.

......................................................................

We left the room, hardly making it down the stairs before applause met my ears. Brooklyn stood next to James, I had picked them out of the crowd first as they waved with a light laugh. I rested my forehead against Andrew's back as I hid behind him. "You told them?" I groaned in embarrassment at the additional attention.

"How else were we supposed to leave the pit without anyone following?" Andrew asked me, grinning. "Besides that, I want every wolf and human to know."

Brooklyn climbed up the remaining steps with James trailing behind her, their heads lowering before they met our smiles.

Brooklyn pulled me into a hug, squeezing me once before letting me go and looking at my hand. "You've really outdone yourself, brother. It's beautiful."

James nudged Brooklyn before reaching into his pocket. "Brooklyn didn't know how to tell you, but she read your thoughts and knew your plan about the ring. Don't be mad, we got you something as well because we knew you wouldn't get one for yourself."

Brooklyn handed Andrew a wedding ring box, a white gold band in the inside. Andrew removed it from its case, looking back at them for more answers. "When did you get this?

"You weren't the only one getting things Gale's shop." James smirked, pulling Brooklyn into him as they slyly smiled at us.

"I thought you both might like the idea, since werewolves don't usually have marriage. This way you can respectfully have claim over one another in both worlds!" Brooklyn smiled brightly and my chest warmed to know she was thinking of us. "Well? Do you like it?"

Andrew put the band on, my body vibrating at the sight of him with the ring in, and his cheeks flushed on the tops of them. He cleared his throat, taking a second before looking at his sister. "I do, thank you. But if you had also seen Gale that day you shouldn't have given me so much shit about him in the car."

I must've missed this part as I bounced between the two siblings, looking for answers that they had hidden so well.

"I didn't know you were taking him home with you like a pet! Some warning could have been great!" Brooklyn rolled her shoulders with a sigh as she playfully glared at Andrew. "You better start introducing her to some of the others. They can't wait long or they'll trample you on the steps."

We parted with Brooklyn and James at the steps, Andrew taking hold of my hand as he pulled me to follow him down. While we had been talking m, they had busied themselves in conversation and I worried that we had made them wait too long.

We were surrounded by them, Andrew keeping at least one hand on me at all times as we readied to greet them as they came. The pack looked friendly, smiling like they were having the best time in the world.

I could tell Andrew was tense and afraid for my safety, he held a protective hand out as the pack grew close.

I held his hand, brushing my thumb over his fingers to take some of the tension away. "They won't hurt me."

Andrew lowered his hand, taking a deep breath before nodding and letting the first bunch near.

"Luna!"

"How are you? Are you having a good time?" My voice was strong, boosting my confidence as I relaxed myself. I smiled, shared laughs and many conversations with different people and learned that I was right from before. There are many wolves here that have traveled from all across the world to come here, leaving other packs, cultures and lifestyles behind.