Freedom

......................................................................

Depression is the inability to construct a future.

......................................................................

I walked through the library door as collected as I could muster, the memories were really painful when I was in the presence of this group, they couldn't do much about it to help so I didn't blame them for this suffering. Cantu, Dameon and Gale followed in pursuit behind me, their eyes watchful of our guests in the room because they had even brought their Betas to attend this time.

Lucia Hampton greeted me first with a smile, looking much better now than she did as a hostage. "Welcome, Luna Blood."

"Please, address me by Emily." I could feel the small pull of my mouth into a smile as I greeted them back. "I think we've come a long way from formalities."

"Address us by our names as well." Mya smiled, surely she wasn't so gullible to think I was actually happy and smiling like I hadn't died on the battlefield that day too.

"My name is Roland Solomon, Alpha of the Roland Knights pack." He was standing beside Morgan, his hand loose around her waist. I could feel my palms start to get clammy, my fingers pulling from my palms as I relaxed my fists. "Morgan and the others have told me about their time shared with you, and how you helped them when they were struggling."

My time in captivity was a whole new trauma with all sets of triggers. In confinement, my thoughts preyed on my starved state, devouring me in the most silent of times until I was nothing left but that. Silent.

"I'm flattered by your praise, but I didn't do anything really. I think they may have exaggerated." My voice sounded uncomfortable, focusing on the wall behind instead of making direct eye contact.

I was aching, only having a little while left before my sanity completely crushed.

"I didn't really do much Alpha Solomon. All I did was go up the steps first."

"That's bullshit!" Luna Birdy snapped, her true feelings showing under her shell she displayed. I'm sure we all felt this way, she just couldn't handle it anymore. "You gave us courage, something that had been broken out of us and we were sure to lose it forever. Emily, you were brave and it takes a strong person to overcome what you're going through. Don't toss away your victories."

But where did that get me? What were they for?

I folded my hands in front of me, trying to rub some feeling back into my fingers as my voice shook. "Lets - not ponder over what has happened, I had wanted to meet today to talk about a possible alliance."

Alpha Raynes stepped forward, pulling away from Finley's side and pointed to the group around him while speaking on their behalf. "We will forever be in your debt for the help you and Andrew gave to us." He turned around just in time to miss my cringe from hearing his name, looking at Finley and his Beta with a small smile. "As Alpha of the Creek Country pack, I - Tatum Raynes swear allegiance to this pack. Let it be known that I will always have this Luna's back."

Ivan Birdy nodded his head, crossing his arms over his chest as he offered me a glance. "The Stronghold pack will stand behind you too."

Mason Hampton and Lucia offered me a small smile as they joined too. "You can count on Eclipse to be there."

Brooklyn's leaders were next, Mya and Ruben Phelps offering their assistance as well if needed as they lowered their heads.

"Alpha Blood traveled to my pack when he was searching for help, and I think its important for you to know that he trespassed and broke one of the Moon Goddess's law to speak to us for your sake." Morgan stood beside him with a blank expression, her eyes trained on me while she hid her expressions. "In reality, there is nothing that any of us could do that Andrew couldn't, he helped us far more than we deserved or helped him. Roland Knights will always remember that day, and will aid you in any struggle."