Prologue

Hey! Before you read this I'd just like to say something. I wrote this book 4 years ago, and I took it down about 2 and a half years later. In the time it's been down, I've tried rewriting and editing it, but I can't find the time or the energy to do it justice. However, I'm currently writing a new book (unrelated to this one) and looking through the comments left here is giving me the motivation to write. So I've decided to make this book public on Wattpad again (don't know if it'll be permanent yet) even though it's unedited, full of errors and sometimes can be cringy. With all that said, I hope you enjoy Amnesia and please do leave comments!  

The young girl twisted in her slumber unaware of the danger that was awaiting her. With a sudden feeling of dread, her eyes flew open and the adrenaline began to set in. She was in a car. A car that she had no recollection of getting into.

She sprung up as her eyes frantically wandered around her surroundings. Her head felt like a bag of bricks and her palms were becoming sweaty. She tried to recall the last event she could remember. Nothing but colours and shapes blended together in her mind making the young girl unable to see anything clearly. She couldn't remember anything, and that was what scared her the most.

Questions whizzed through her head as her heart ran a marathon in her chest. Where was she going? How did she get in the car? Had she been drugged? Was she being kidnapped?

She couldn't remember who she was. She couldn't remember anything about her life. Not her name, not her age, not even her birthday. The girl closed her eyes and concentrated in hope to trigger anything about her life. However, all she managed to do was get a headache.

The young girl then turned her attention to the middle-aged man wearing a pristine black suit in the driver's seat. She hoped that he would be able to provide her with the answers she needed. "Excuse me?" She said, hoping that he would at least be able to tell her where they were going.

No answer.

"Erm, hello?" The girl said a little louder this time. Still no answer.

She repeatedly called out to the man, but she may as well have been mute. The driver didn't seem to hear her, or perhaps he didn't want to talk. After several failed attempts, the girl decided not to waste her breath on him anymore. Except his failure to communicate with her only caused the young girl to feel even more anxious.

Where was he taking her? Was she just supposed to trust that she was in no danger? She wondered whether the smart thing to do was to jump out of the car. Of course, she would get some bruises by the speed they were travelling at, but that may prove to be safer than sitting in the car with a complete stranger. What if he was taking her to a place far away to kill her? What if he was a rapist?

The young girl grabbed the door handle and tried to yank it open. No luck. The doors were locked shut.

There was nothing the girl could do other than sit and wait to see how the situation unfolded. In the meantime, she studied her surroundings. It wasn't until a couple of minutes later before she saw a tourist sign that made her relax slightly. She was in England, London to be exact. That's where she lived... Wasn't it?

More panic.

Her mind was a blank canvas, and she longed for someone to draw her a picture. Why couldn't she remember? She then tried to recall people she knew. Her mum and dad... Did she have a sibling? The answer she leaned towards was no, but she couldn't say that for definite. Images of blurred out faces played in her mind. That headache of hers was getting worse by the minute. The young girl couldn't remember them. She couldn't remember anyone.

In desperation, she went through the alphabet hoping a letter would spark up a memory. The letter A was what she always came back to, but the question was, why?

The girl then decided that instead of trying to recall the things she didn't remember, maybe she should try and focus on the things she did. She knew she still remembered the English language and was pretty certain that it was 2016. She had a feeling it was September, but she wouldn't bet her life on it. In fact, she wasn't certain of anything anymore. After thinking about it for a while, she came to realise that she remembered generic information. Yet when it came to her own life, she was like a needle in a haystack.

That caused a new thought to pop up in her mind. She wondered whether her lack of information was due to drugs and would come back shortly, or whether it was more serious than that. Did she have amnesia? What was going on?

The girl jumped as a loud beeping came from her jacket pocket. She pulled out a white iPhone displaying an unknown caller ID on the screen.

She hesitated for a few seconds before answering the call. "Hello?"

"Oh, thank goodness you're awake." Came a women's voice who sounded very relieved. "How are you feeling?" Her voice was extremely familiar. So familiar that it was like the young girl was talking to herself. She tried to place where she knew the voice from but it was like every time she got close to answer, it slipped further away from her.

"Um, I'm alright... Do I know you?" A spark of hope ran through her body, maybe the woman could answer her questions.

"We have a good relation, yes."

"I don't remember anything. What's going on?"

The woman sighed. "Listen to me carefully. Your name is Addison Pierce and you're seventeen years old. I know this all sounds very strange and peculiar, but don't worry. You're going somewhere where you'll be safe."

"Safe? Safe from what?"

The woman hesitated. She seemed to be trying to word what she was about to say correctly. A couple of seconds passed before she finally spoke. "Just safe. Everything will be okay soon. You can trust me, but I need you to be smart. Do not trust anyone else. I have to go, stay safe." Then the line went dead.

Talk about dramatic.

Addison couldn't remember who that woman was, but somehow she felt like she did indeed knew her once and could trust her.

The irony.

The car stopped shortly after in front of a large building that resembled a traditional British academy. Except it was not just any academy, it was Eaton Academy.

The most prestigious academy in the world.

That was something that Addison remembered. Yet she couldn't quite remember where she had first heard of the place, or who she had heard it from.

The driver finally broke his silence. "Take the suitcase from the boot and leave."

Hey! I know this prologue was a bit long and also a little confusing, but I promise that it will all make sense eventually!

Comment/Vote/Share