Amnesia LXVIII

Addison spent most of the next day locked up in her room with Maya and Freya revising for their exams. Usually, Addison could never find the will to study for long periods of time, but surprisingly, revision was helping keep her mind occupied. Maya and Freya were fantastic tutors too. They explained everything so well that it didn't matter that Addison had missed the lessons. Business Management was easy enough anyway. A few case studies and definitions, the rest was just logic and common sense. Caiden and Daniel helped Addison with English Literature. That was tricker considering Addison hated the subject. Somehow the three of them got through two hours of it.

It was around three thirty in the afternoon when Addison decided she could no longer take any more English Literature revision. Deciding she needed a break, Addison went to her car. She had no plans to go anywhere but hoped something would come to her when she was sat behind the steering wheel. It did. She put the car into drive and drove to a place she hadn't been to in a while.

The building was huge with at least fifteen floors. With a deep breath, Addison straightened her back and walked into the reception. As soon as she stepped foot inside, all eyes were on her. At first, people were surprised to see a teenaged girl there, then they all welcomed her back.

"Good afternoon Miss Myer."

"Hello, Miss Myer."

"How are you, Miss Myer?"

Addison smiled at all of them. "Hey everyone, I'm good thanks."

A woman then spoke to Addison. She was wearing a grey suit and looked like she had a lot of authority in this place. "Are you looking for something or someone in particular?"

Addison nodded. "Are Cheryl and Micheal Dawson here?"

The woman nodded. "They've just come out of a meeting, right this way Miss Myer."

Addison followed the woman into the elevator to the twelfth floor. As they walked down the corridor, Addison took in the work ethic of everyone there. Clary had been right. Everyone was like family at Myer and Co. Addison was proud to be a part of that.

The woman stopped in front of an office. "Right through this door."

"Thanks."

"You're welcome." With that, the woman left Addison to get on with her business.

Addison knocked on the door and waited. "Come in!" Came Cheryl's voice. Addison opened the door and walked in. Smiles formed on the Dawson's lips as soon as they saw who had come to say hello. "Ari!" Cheryl ran to Addison and hugged her. "Welcome!"

"Hi" Addison chuckled. Once Cheryl let go, Addison took in the interior of their office. They had a massive window with a spectacular view of city centre. Their desk was pretty well organised with a laptop in the middle and a stack of files to the left. The masterpiece of the room, however, was the family portrait they had up on the wall. Maya looked pretty young in it, nine perhaps. It was so sweet.

"What brings you here?" Asked Micheal.

Addison shrugged. "Just thought I'd have a little look at the place I'll be working in."

Cheryl smiled. "Well then, you'll have to see your office!"

"I have an office?"

Micheal laughed and nodded. "Technically it was your parents and then Clary's, but now it's yours."

"Wanna see it?" Added Cheryl.

"Yes!"

The Dawson's led Addison down the corridor into the last office on the floor. When they entered, Addison's mouth fell with surprise. The strong smell of peonies hit her hard and the pictures of her and her family and Clary were all over the walls. There was a cream fireplace and a grey sofa. The floor was shiny marble and there was a large crystal chandelier hanging from the ceiling, not like it was needed because of the large window filling the room with sunlight.