Amnesia XXX

The fire was growing bigger and bigger. It burned brightly illuminating the small supply room. Smoke rose up into the air and caused Addison to break out into a fit of coughs. She covered her mouth and nose with her navy blazer sleeve and banged on the door. Addison threw herself at the door in an attempt to break it but she was out of luck. The door was sealed shut and was too strong to break.

"HELP!" Addison screamed. That was her third attempt for shouting for help, it didn't work any better than the first two attempts. There was no one around to hear her. No one to come to her rescue.

How could Blair do that to her? To take things this far. Blair had crossed the line. Addison should have just said that she would leave the academy. At least then she wouldn't be in this situation. Her pride was going to cost her her life.

She was still banging on the door when she heard the loud alarm. The fire alarm. Hope coursed through her body, maybe someone would notice that she was missing.

* * *

"So how's the new roommate thing going?" Daniel asked Caiden.

The two boys were in Daniel's dorm watching TV. Caiden had told Daniel all about his problems with Addison. About how she disconnected the call to his father and how she kept Maddison out in the cold. "It's going alright. She hasn't done anything detrimental in the past week."

"Is she doing okay?" Daniel questioned.

That was the third time Daniel had asked that question since Addison was released from the infirmary. All Addison had done was faint but everyone acted like she had been in a car accident or something. "She's fine," Caiden replied.

Truth was, Caiden was secretly concerned too. Word had spread about the security footage. Everyone had their own theories about the real reason why Addison was in the infirmary. Of course, Caiden had an idea too. Blair was there at the scene, her sole presence was enough to suggest that she was behind it. All the pieces fit together. The only thing he couldn't figure out was why Addison was protecting her.

The fire alarm blared. Daniel and Caiden were on their feet instantly. Caiden ran to his dorm room, grabbed Maddison and led her outside the Academy. There was a practice fire drill at the first week of every term in the academic year. That way everyone would know what to do and where to go in case there was a real fire. Everyone except Addison. She hadn't been at Eaton in the first week of the term. She hadn't even been at Eaton the previous year or the year before that. She didn't know what to do. Caiden wasn't too worried though. Addison was smart enough to follow people's lead or to come outside herself.

Maddison clung onto her brother. The alarm was too loud for her tiny ears. She looked around the car park as people came out of the main doors. Maddison wasn't tall enough to see above the crowd so she stood on her tip toes. Still, she was too short. Arms wrapped around her little body and she breathed a sigh of relief. Addison was safe. She was hugging her. Everything was right in the world again. Auburn hair fell in front of her causing Maddison to scrunch her face in confusion. Addison had brunette hair, not auburn. She turned around to see Maya... Not Addison. Her insides felt weird again. Where was she?

Maya held onto the little girl as her eyes scanned the crowd. Freya then came over and nodded. "You were right, Addison's not here."

Caiden overheard the piece of information and his heart started to work double time. No one was coming out of the building anymore which meant that all the students and staff should have been outside. He could see smoke rising into the air from the Academy. It was a real fire, not a drill. His eyes scanned the crowd looking at each person's face carefully. Addison really wasn't there, that could only mean one thing. She was still inside.