Amnesia XXXIX

Addison felt arms hugging her as she woke up. She opened her eyes and looked down at Maddison. The little girl had stolen all of the blankets and bundled herself inside it. The little girl looked like a human burrito. It was so cute. She kissed Maddison's forehead and her eyes shot open. Maddison looked around for a few seconds and then furrowed her eyebrows. "Where's my bed?"

Addison chuckled. There was popcorn inside the blanket too, no wonder she could hear something crunching. "We feel asleep watching the movie. Your brother must have got us a blanket."

"Yup." Came Caiden's voice as he entered the room. He was holding a dress, except it was too big to be for Maddison. He threw it at the teenager. "Wear this-this afternoon."

"What? Why?"

"My dad wants to meet you."

"Erm.."

"Don't worry about," Caiden replied. "Maddie and I will be there too."

What did she even call him? Lorenzo or Enzo? Would he ask her questions on how she was coping? Would he discuss her parents? Was it going to awkward for her to join their family lunch? Addison seriously needed to stop overthinking everything, it was becoming a problem.

"Get changed," Caiden said. "I'll bring breakfast up."

"That's okay," Addison replied as she got up. "I'll go eat downstairs with everyone else."

"And sit with who exactly?"

"Um." Addison hadn't thought about that. She couldn't sit with the Elites because Blair would be there. Her other friends weren't exactly on speaking terms with her either.

"Exactly my point. You have 7.3 minutes before I return."

Addison narrowed her eyes. "7.3? Why so precise?"

"Why not?"

Well someone was definitely in a good mood that morning. Addison was just happy that things weren't awkward between them. She was glad to know that any resentment Caiden had towards Serena was gone. Or at least he didn't show it. Addison nodded her head.

She and Maddison went into their rooms and got changed into their uniforms. Caiden came up with a plate full of sausage and bacon soon after. The three of them sat on the dining table and ate. Maddison showed her big brother her drawing of them. Caiden smiled and showed it to Addison. It was a picture of her, Caiden and Maddison. Underneath were the words 'my little famally.' Addison's smile grew larger at the way Maddison had spelt 'family.' The fact that the four-year-old even considered her as family warmed Addison's heart. How she wished she had a little sister.

After breakfast, Caiden and Addison said their goodbyes to the four-year-old and made their way to English Literature. "How are you doing?"

Addison sighed. The truth was that there was no answer. She felt one thing one minute and then another thing the next. She was in a constant war with her emotions. "I'm coping," Addison replied. She knew that Caiden knew the fine details about her life. If Lorenzo had not told him then he would have found it out for himself. He knew about the crash and about her home life. That meant that she had nothing to hide from him. He, Maya and Clary were the only people she could be 100% honest. Lorenzo would be too, but that would only be decided once she met with him.

Lorenzo had always been like an uncle to Addison. He often came over to her parent's house in the summer and sometimes even got her presents for Christmas. Addison hadn't even realised that he had kids. She had never even met his wife - ex-wife. All she knew was that her mother and Lorenzo were very good friends, she had trusted him a lot. Even her dad trusted him. Maybe the reason Addison was so wary to meet him was that he reminded her a lot of her parents. Maybe she wasn't ready for that yet.