Amnesia IV

The last two days had been somewhat normal. It was the weekend and Addison had been caged in her room trying to catch up on last years work. However, her concentration was focused on only one thing. Caiden.

What would have happened if Daniel hadn't been there that night? What would he have done? Addison couldn't get his question out of her head. 'Why did you do it?' Exactly what had she done? As far as Addison knew, the only times they had even talked was during the party and in English Literature. Both of which Caiden had been rude to her.

Perhaps he had mistaken her for someone else in his drunken state. Addison wanted to ask him, except he wasn't there. After that night, Caiden had disappeared. He wasn't at breakfast, lunch or dinner. Addison hadn't seen him around the Academy or at any of the lessons they shared together.

Addison had not got the chance to ask Daniel about it either. She was constantly being bombarded with questions from Blair and her friends. It was evident that Blair was the leader of the Elites, everyone listened to her and showed her respect... Well everyone except for Caiden and Daniel. They seemed to keep their distance. It was as if Blair had control over all the Elites except for the two anomalies.

Katerina, Isabelle and Thomas seemed to be completely fine with Addison. It was like they almost understood her situation. Still, she felt like she owed them an apology for ditching them to sit with the Elites, but they didn't want to hear it. In fact, Katerina was not angry at all, Addison found this extremely peculiar. At first she thought it was some kind of trick, but they were completely normal around her. Like they had been when she first entered Eaton.

Once Addison found out the reason, she couldn't comprehend what she had done to deserve such great friends. Isabelle had told her that they all had her back. That they knew Blair was a very intimidating person, someone you don't say no to. They had dealt with her in a similar way back in their first year. If an Elite asks you to do something, you do it... Especially if that Elite was Blair.

Addison had thanked them and told them that she would much rather sit with them instead. To which Thomas replied, "sure you can if you want Blair to kill you!" She didn't want the Elites to cause any disruptions in their friendship, so they made plans together. Plans that Addison was determined to stick to.

Yesterday after lessons, Addison and Isabelle had gone shopping. Katerina was supposed to go too but she wasn't around. She kept disappearing for a couple of hours and then return back like it was the most normal thing in the world. That was still better than Caiden who seemed to fall off the edge of the earth. Instead, both girls went shopping and bought Addison a whole new wardrobe. Something that she had needed desperately.

Addison had also gone through the contents of her suitcase thoroughly in hope to find some clues about her life. While scrolling through the contents of her phone, Addison had found the pin to her debit card. She was reluctant to use it at first, how much money was in there? To her surprise however, the card didn't get rejected and she must have spent over £200.

Addison decided to take a break from her work. She had made an appointment with the bank for 4:30 pm that day. She grabbed her purse and headed out towards the main entrance of the academy. She handed the permission slip she had gotten from Dean Eaton to the guard and was then allowed to pass through the iron gates of the academy. She walked fifteen minutes to the bank and waited patiently.

"Miss Addison Pierce," said a middle-aged woman who walked towards Addison. "If you would follow me."

Addison followed the woman who wore a badge that read "Mrs Caroline Parker" into a small room furnished with an oak desk and a computer. They both took a seat and began their appointment.