Amnesia XLIII

Addison preferred Winter to Summer. Everyone found that odd. How could you like the gloom and the dark? How depressing. Yet Addison always felt like Winter was a special season, she liked the cold nights and dark mornings. She loved sitting by the fire drinking a hot chocolate while reading a book. When was the last time she was in England for Winter? It must have been over a decade ago. Addison had missed it terribly.

The steady pattering of rain hitting the glass of the balcony door woke Addison up. The room was dully lit by the soft daylight outside. Addison sat up in bed and watched the raindrops race each other down the window. As a child, she and Clary would often play the game where they raced random raindrops against each other. Clary usually won, so much so that Addison was convinced that she somehow cheated.

There was something off about Addison. She had a feeling in the pit of her stomach that she couldn't shake. A bad feeling. Maybe she had woken up on the wrong side of the bed. After a large sigh, she got up and got ready for the day ahead. It was Saturday which meant that she had no lessons. Then something occurred to her, her deal with Clary. She wouldn't be having any more lessons at Eaton Academy. Tomorrow was her last day.

The dorm was quiet. Caiden and Maddison were out somewhere. Taking the opportunity to go and talk to her friends, she walked to Maya and Freya's dorm. They talked for a while. They spoke about nothing and everything. The whole way through the conversation Addison only had one thing in her mind. 'I'm going to miss this so much.'

"Have you spoken to Kat?" Asked Freya.

Addison shook her head. She filled them both in on Katerina's betrayal. She also mentioned how Blair was at the centre of it all. "I don't think I can trust her. At least not right now."

"I don't blame you," Maya replied. "I didn't think she would ever do something like that. We all used to be so close. It was always Freya, Blair, Katerina and I. We were the core girls of the Elites. Of course, Blair had always been closer to Kat. From how I knew Kat, she would always put that contract in front of everything else, except for the people she cared about most."

"I agree." Added Freya. "There must be something else too. Kat wouldn't just go behind your back just for the modelling contract."

Addison sighed. "I've been thinking that too. She trusted me a lot and I don't think she would make a deal with Blair based on just a contract. She absolutely hates that girl. Speaking of Blair, there's some stuff I haven't told you both but I'm pretty sure you both know anyway."

"Is this about the reason you were in the infirmary and the fire?" Asked Freya.

Addison nodded. "Yeah. Maya remember the day we met at Eaton?"

Maya slowly nodded.

"That was Blair's doing. That was her 'first attack' if you want to put it that way. The swimming pool was second and the fire was third."

"Why haven't you told the Dean yet?! You could get her into serious trouble if you told him, maybe even expelled."

Yes, Addison could do that. Except her pride was too big to go telling on the Elite leader. Plus there was also the fact that she was pregnant. Addison could make Blair's life a living hell. It was easily done, she was a Myer after all. However, how would her actions affect a pregnant woman? How messed up was Blair's life already and how much worse would Addison make it? She couldn't tell this to Maya and Freya. "I'm dealing with it. The point is that after you and Caiden left yesterday to go to the nurse, Blair came to the dorm and said a couple of things."

"Like what?"

"Like the fact that she's not done with her threats. I'm not going to lie, I'm scared of what she's going to do. I think she's going to cross her limits this time."