Amnesia LXIX

It had been five and a half weeks since the funeral. Addison had spent the last five and a half weeks going to therapy sessions every day at four o'clock, revising and attending lessons for most of the day and crying herself to sleep nearly every night. It had become a daily routine. She hated night time. It was only the rare occasions that Lauren or Caiden would sleep with her when she didn't have a mental breakdown.

Doctor Issac had been somewhat right. It didn't get better, but it got easier. Addison found it a lot easier now to hide how much she was hurting inside. Not a single day had gone past where she didn't miss Clary. There had been one night when Lauren was staying with Lorenzo when things had got particularly bad. Addison had gone to sleep like any normal night but then she had a dream where it had been her that had killed Clary. Long story short, she woke up screaming and ended up sleeping in Caiden's room after an hour of trying to calm her down. She had been doing so well not to take her medication but she really needed it that night.

She hadn't had a night like that in a while. Not since exams had started. Addison had managed to do the maximum revision she could have done and was feeling rather confident with herself. A confidence that wasn't shaken after the exams. She had a pretty good idea on how she had done and was sure that she would be pleased with the result.

Today was her last exam. One that she had been dreading the most. Poems in English Literature. Addison didn't mind the idea of analysing poetry, it was her interpretation after all. What frightened her was the fact that the anthology, that they had been annotating, was not allowed in the exam hall and that they had to memorise the poems off by heart. Not exactly easy to do when there were fifteen of them.

Eaton Academy had a dress code for examinations. Black cap and gown, a bit excessive, but fancy nevertheless. Addison put on her gown and looked at herself in the mirror. Soon she would be wearing a similar outfit for graduation. Speaking of which, she really needed to go buy a dress for that. She had been putting it off for a while. The idea of graduation scared her. Quite frankly she wasn't ready for it yet. To think that just a few months ago she was sat in the back of a random car being driven to an Academy that she had been wanting to attend for years. Now here she was, nine months later with her memory fully restored and a life that was completely different.

Who would have ever thought?

Realising the time, Addison put on her heels and quickly made her way to the examination hall. She didn't have any pre-examination rituals, expect a quick hug from Lauren and a kiss from Caiden. It calmed the nerves. Addison took her seat and waited for the papers to be given out. Soon the timer started and her hand sped across the page as she wrote down everything she remembered while trying to make sense of it all.

When the exam was over, so was Addison's stress. That was it. No more lessons. No more English Literature. Addison was done with her education. Once she was out of the examination hall, she breathed a sigh of utter relief. It was as if a weight had been lifted from her shoulders. A weight that most people knew as school. Caiden exited the hall and spotted Addison. He had a huge smile on his face, his exam must have gone well too. He made his way to Addison, picked her up and spun her. "And that love was the end of our school years."

"Finally!" Addison said as she clung onto Caiden. She was well aware of the students that were staring at the two of them, and Daniel who was no doubt rolling his eyes at the couple. Caiden was right. They were free birds now. Caiden put Addison down but didn't let go of her, Addison did the same.

"You ready to leave?" He asked as he held Addison close.

Addison had thought about that a lot for the past few days. The answer was both yes and no. She wasn't ready to go into the big world, as cliché as that sounds, or face the fact that her childhood was over. Yet she was ready to go on the adventure that was her life and take over her parent's company. Maybe she'll even go to university, who knows? Addison nodded. "I think so."