Amnesia LVIII

Addison woke up early the next day. Lauren was still asleep so Addison got out of bed as quietly as she could, trying her best not to wake up the little girl. She walked to the living area and saw Caiden sleeping peacefully on the sofa. How did he still look so perfect and well put together when he slept? Addison noticed Lexi's letter on the coffee table and had a strong desire to set fire to it... And to her. Ignoring the psychotic thought, Addison sat next to Caiden and smiled. She felt bad for making him sleep on the sofa but then again, his ego was too big for his own good. He needed to be taught a lesson.

She was just about to get up and go make breakfast when a hand pulled her down again. Caiden wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her down, forcing her to lie next to him on the small space the sofa provided. "Caiden!" Addison said in surprise. "What are you doing?"

"Trying to go back to sleep clearly," Caiden said in a much deeper voice than usual. His voice caused butterflies to swarm around in Addison's stomach.

"I meant why did you-"

"Shhhh," Caiden said as he covered Addison's mouth with his hand. "Go to sleep love."

Addison sighed but didn't protest. She snuggled into Caiden's chest and felt Caiden's head rest on top of hers. She was wide awake before but somehow he pulled her into the land of dreams.

* * *

"Why are you two sleeping on the sofa?" Came Lauren's voice causing Caiden and Addison to break apart and sit up all in one rapid motion.

"We were testing out the new springs," answered Caiden. "They seem fine, what did you think Addison?"

"Oh yeah, the best springs in all of England."

"You two are weird," Lauren said before sitting down and switching on the TV. "Can we have pancakes today?"

"Coming right up!" Caiden called as he sprang up and made his way to the kitchen.

Addison sat beside Lauren and watched a re-run of an episode that she had seen three times now. Seriously, did Gertrude the pink giraffe have no other adventures to go on? She was always on the hunt for the same pink house. You would think she would have found it by now considering she had the advantage of being able to see long distances and all.

Caiden brought breakfast to the dining table not long after. The three of them then ate breakfast before getting ready for the day. Lauren had planned a day out with Lorenzo and Gracie, that meant Caiden and Addison were going to be alone for a while... Interesting. Lorenzo picked Lauren up shortly after.

"So what happened with Dean Eaton last night?" Addison asked as she helped Caiden clean up the plates.

"He said that he'd have a word with Lexi and that he would install a new lock on our door. I get the feeling that she's not going to take it very well."

"No doubt she'll blame it on me again."

"Well, you are to blame.."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Joking! Don't give me another time out on that sofa again, I don't think my back can take it."

Addison chuckled. "Okay I have to admit, I do feel bad about that."

"You should but it's okay, this morning made up for it." The smirk was back on his face and Addison couldn't help but smile thinking about it. "I spoke to Daniel last night too. Apparently, you made up with Kat?"

Addison nodded her head. "Yeah, we sorted things out."

"Good. He asked if we wanted to come over today at around 11, you wanna go?"