Amnesia LIX

Addison sat behind the door. Her mind was racing, she hadn't felt like this is a while. What was she supposed to do? She couldn't choose between the two most important people in her life. She would never choose between Lauren and Clary. There had to be a way out of this. There had to be something she could do.

Even if Clary was found guilty and had to serve time in jail, Addison could always bail her out. Yet that wasn't the point. It was the offence. Francesca had been right. If Clary had a criminal record then she couldn't work at Myer and Co. She would forfeit her job and everything that went with it. Addison wouldn't even be able to change that, it was in her contract. Not only would she no longer be CEO, but she would also lose her pride. No, Addison couldn't let that happen. Clary had the same rights as Addison did to the company, she couldn't let anything change that.

However, she couldn't hand over Lauren to Francesca either. Addison didn't trust that woman, not one bit. What type of mother doesn't even see their child in hospital? Addison had already missed out on 4 years of Lauren's life. A life that she lived in fear and misery.

Lauren and Clary were family. One thing was sure, Addison would never give up on family.

She contemplated calling Clary but knew what she would say. She would tell Addison to chose her sister because that's the type of person Clary was, selfless. Instead, Addison decided to wait for Clary to call her. She would be hearing about it soon anyway, everyone would be.

Addison paced up and down the living area while her head felt like it was going to explode. She needed her medication but she knew that she needed to stop being so reliant on it. There was so much energy inside of her that she just didn't know what to do with herself. A knock came at her door.

Caiden.

Addison didn't know how he was going to react when she told him, but she knew that it needed to be said. She gathered up some courage and opened the door. However it wasn't Caiden, it was Maya. Her excited face slowly fell when she saw Addison's sombre expression. "What's wrong?"

Addison invited Maya inside before spilling her heart out to her. She kept the tears at bay but they almost succeeded in spilling out. Maya was a good audience. She gasped and got furious in all the right places as Addison replayed the events of the afternoon. When she was done, Maya looked like she was ready to rip out Francesca's throat. "Is she for real? I would have literally hit for suggesting such a thing if I was you. Do Clary and Caiden know?"

"Trust me, I wanted to. And no, not yet." Addison looked down at her hands.

"What are you going to do?"

"I don't know."

The two of them stayed quiet for a few seconds in deep thought. Then Maya gasped. "Freya's dad!"

"What about him?"

"He's a judge! Maybe he can help?"

A bit of hope filled Addison. If Freya's father took the case then maybe Clary wouldn't be pronounced guilty. "Yes! Can you go talk to her?"

Maya nodded her head. "Don't worry Addie, it will be fine." She gave Addison a reassuring smile before leaving the dorm.

What was the worst case scenario? That Clary didn't get bail and Francesca won the custody case. That sounded a lot worse than Addison had expected it to. She began to pace faster and faster causing her breathing to speed up. What if Freya's dad couldn't help her? What if Lauren had to stay with Francesca? What if the- Her phone began to ring.

"Clary," Addison answered.

"Why didn't you call me?" Clary exclaimed. She sounded outraged.

"I didn't know what to say-"