Amnesia LXIV

Caiden couldn't drive fast enough. He was speeding down the road, overtaking every car they came across but still, he wasn't going fast enough. Addison's mind was in a million places. It was 1:22 am. Maria had called her at 1:18 am. The conversation played over and over in her mind causing fresh tears to roll down Addison's face.

"Ari," came Maria's shaky voice from the other end of the call. She sounded like she was crying.

Addison sat up immediately. Caiden did so too, her ringtone had woken the both of them up. Maria's voice was laced with anxiety and fear causing Addison's heart rate to go up a notch. "What's wrong Maria?"

"Ari, it's Clary... S-She's, she's..."

Addison got out of the bed and began to pace up and down the room. "What's wrong with Clary?"

"She's not well Chiquita. You need to come home."

At that point, Addison's heart dropped. Her fears and concerns for Clary's health were coming true. Without hesitation, she replied, "I'm on my way."

Addison knew that something was wrong with Clary. Seriously wrong. She cursed herself for not taking up the matter earlier. Now all she could do was sit and question how bad things had gotten. And the only person she could blame was herself.

As soon as Caiden stopped the car outside of Addison's home, she ran through the black cloud of reporters and media to the front door. Maria opened the door, her face was stained with dry tears and her eyes were red. "She's upstairs."

Addison wasted no time and ran up the stairs to the guest bedroom. She had no idea where Caiden was or if Maria was following behind her. All she knew was that she had to get to Clary and make sure that she was okay. Addison entered the room and Clary was nowhere to be seen. She was about to turn away and go look in a different room when she heard a noise from coming from the en suite bathroom. A moan of agony.

Addison slowly walked to the door. What she saw was Clary sitting on the white tiled floor by the toilet with her hands holding her head like she was in intense pain. "Clary!" Addison screamed as she ran to her. If Clary heard Addison, then she didn't show it. She didn't flinch or even acknowledge Addison. Instead, she kept her head down and groaned. Addison put her arm over Clary and gasped. She was burning up. "Clary, what's wrong?"

Clary was as white as a sheet. "I-I" Clary couldn't find her words, or perhaps it was hard for her to speak. Her voice was shaky and weak, nothing about her seemed right. She lifted her head up and took one glance at Addison before throwing up profusely into the toilet.

Addison rubbed Clary's back and held her hair back. She had done it many times for her when she was a little girl. Once Clary was done, she quickly tried to wipe her mouth and cover the toilet from Addison's view. Yet it didn't work, Addison managed to see Clary's blood tinged hand and gasped in shock. She moved Clary out the way and then looked at what Clary had thrown up. Everything went from bad to worse instantly. There was blood everywhere.

"Maria! Come in here I need you!" Addison was in hysterics. Throwing up blood could only mean one thing. Internal bleeding. It was becoming hard to see anything as Addison's eyes filled with tears.

Maria rushed in with Caiden following quickly behind. Both of them were too shocked to speak. All Addison could think about was how Clary was becoming weaker and weaker by the second. "Help me take her to the car."

Addison put Clary's arm around her shoulder and Maria did the same from the other side. Caiden, on Addison's request, went to his house to tell Lorenzo. Once Clary was seated in the car, Addison drove her to the hospital. On the way there, she called Doctor Reed and put him on speaker phone. She filled him in on the situation and his exact response was, "don't waste time, get her to A&E immediately." That only made Addison panic more. What hope did they have?