Amnesia XIX

Caiden pulled into a street of houses. The houses on this side of the city were like mansions. Every house was different, it had its own uniqueness to it. There was one house in particular that stuck out. It was the last house on the street and the most extravagant of all. You couldn't see much as there were metal gates around the property, but Addison could make out a path of water leading up to the middle of the house. Almost like a little stream or river. Most rich people had fountains or large front gardens, but that house? It had a freaking water path.

That wasn't what caught Addison's attention though. It wasn't the large Victorian windows or the fact that the house was so large that you couldn't see the back of it. It was the fact that there was so much security around the house that it looked like a black cloud surrounded it. The place was flooded with men and women in black suits guarding the place.

"Who's house is that?" Addison asked.

Caiden looked at Addison for a moment. He seemed to be studying her. Finally, after much consideration, he replied. "That's where the Myer's used to live. It's under high security at the moment because of the case. The media will do anything to get inside."

You could definitely tell that the Myer's were billionaires just by looking at their house.

Caiden pulled up to the house next to the Myer's. The house wasn't as marvellous as the one next door, but it was lavish nevertheless. It also had metal gates, but it didn't have the path of water. Instead, it had a fountain that was at the centre of a small roundabout. Caiden stopped in front of the door and gave the keys to a man. It didn't surprise Addison that he had someone to park his car for him. He was rich after all.

The inside of the house was even more incredible than the outside. Everything was white with a few accents of gold here and there. There was a spiral staircase a few metres in front as soon as you walked in, and a living room to the right. Next to the front door was a small table with a vase and flowers, peonies to be more precise. Addison loved peonies, they were her favourite flowers.

An elderly woman rushed over to them. Her demeanour resembled Addison's. "Mr Calimero is upstairs. He's waiting for you" she told Caiden.

Caiden nodded and then looked at Addison. "This is Sarah, our housekeeper. Sarah, this is Addison."

Addison smiled before she was dragged upstairs by the same person that had brought her to the house. As she climbed each step, the faint sound of sobbing became louder and louder. The louder it got, the faster Addison climbed until she was on the second floor. In the hallway stood a man that looked a lot Caiden. He had one hand folded across his chest and the other rubbing his temple.

"Where is she?" Asked Caiden.

"She's still in her room. She's been crying non-stop," replied his father. His attention then averted from his son to the teenage girl who had just walked from behind Caiden out into the open. His eyes widened as he mouth dropped slightly. He held his gaze for a few seconds before recovering his composure.

"Hi," Addison said trying to make things less awkward.

"So you're the Addison that my daughter has been talking about non-stop," Lorenzo said more as a statement than a question.

Addison answered it anyway. "Yup that would be me. I'm Addison Pierce." Addison held out her hand.

"Addison Pierce." He took her hand and shook it. "I see. Nice to finally meet you."

"You too."

Caiden walked to the bedroom door and crouched down to Maddison's height. "Hey Maddie, open up for me, please? I just wanna talk to you."