Amnesia LVI

"You did good today Ari," said Clary as she hugged Addison goodbye before getting back into the Rolls Royce. "Get some rest okay? I'll call you in the morning."

"Goodnight Clary."

"Goodnight." With that, the car drove off taking Clary with it.

Addison walked to her dorm room hoping that no one would stop her on the way. The car ride to Eaton had been a quiet one. Neither her nor Clary spoke about the cemetery or the press conference. Instead, Addison watched out the window as the people of London got on with their lives.

She entered her dorm room and was met with the sound of applause as soon as she opened the door. Caiden, Lauren, Maya, Freya, Alec and Aaron were all stood around the entrance.

Before Addison had time to comprehend what was happening, she was engulfed in a hug from Caiden and Lauren. "I loved your speech!" said Lauren as she let go.

"You did amazingly! And you handled the questions well," added Caiden.

"Thanks, guys. You didn't have to wait up for me, it's already pretty late." Addison checked her phone, it was 11:20 pm, way past Lauren's bedtime.

"Well, we wondering if you are up for a mini midnight road trip?" Maya asked.

Addison knew her answer immediately. "Yeah!" She then looked at her little sister. "Isn't it a bit late for you though?"

"I want to come too! Pleeeaseee Ariiii!" She pulled a puppy dog face that nearly killed Addison. Gosh, she was so cute.

With a sigh, Addison gave in. "Okay then." Lauren's face instantly lit up. "But first let me get changed."

Addison went to her bedroom and changed out of her dress into something a little more comfortable, a sweater and leggings. She went back to the living area to see everyone standing around waiting for her. "Let's go."

It was on the way down to the car park when Addison realised that none of them had a seven seater car. How was this going to work? Freya answered the question without Addison having to ask it. "We've been planning this road trip ever since you left for the conference. We even tried to get a seven seater but they didn't have any for rental."

"So what are we going to do then?" Asked Addison.

"Us four are going to go in my car and you, Caiden and Lou are going in Caiden's car."

Lou, Addison liked that nickname, but Lauren would always be her baby girl. Addison nodded her head at Freya and then smiled when she saw Lauren holding Caiden's hand while walking to the car park. She was also hugging her teddy bear, Snuggles. Addison had a feeling that Lauren would be fast asleep before half of the road trip was over, but she was glad that her little sister was coming with them.

Once they were at the car park, the seven of them split up into their two separate groups. Caiden held the door of his Aston Martin open so that Addison and Lauren could go in. Once everyone was ready, they set off on their journey. It then occurred to Addison that it was the second time that day that she had left the Academy without permission. She didn't really care, she was Addison Myer after all. Oh no, she really was turning into Caiden.

"Oh gosh no," she accidentally said out loud.

"What?" Caiden asked darting his eyes between Addison and the road.

"I really am turning into you," Addison replied in horror.

Lauren laughed but Caiden merely raised an eyebrow. "And you say that because..?"

"Because I really couldn't care less that we are out without permission."

"Finally. You're learning how to have fun."