Amnesia LXII

Clary, Maria and Addison sat around the dining table and had breakfast the next morning. Caiden and Lauren left earlier on due to Lorenzo's request.

"Jane called me about an hour ago," Clary said as she took her first bite of scrambled eggs.

"What did she say?" Asked Addison.

"She said that everything's ready and that our case looks strong."

"Strong enough to get bail and custody?"

"I think so."

The three of them had been sitting at the table for over thirty minutes now and none of them had taken over three bites. "Okay I think it would be best if you two started to get ready," Maria said.

Addison looked at her plate, it was virtually untouched. She hoped that Maria wouldn't take any offence, but she really wasn't in the mood to eat. Addison got up and went to her room. After taking a shower, she stood in front of her wardrobe in a bathrobe wondering what someone wore to a court hearing.

"Wear this," Clary said as she walked over to the wardrobe and chose a plain black formal dress. "And wear some basic black heels with it."

"Thanks, Clary," Addison responded as she took the dress from Clary's hands.

Clary smiled and put her hand on top of Addison's. "Ari I know that this is hard for you, but I need you to promise me something. Whatever happens today, if you have to make a choice, you'll choose Lauren. Promise me that."

"Clary I-"

"No Ari listen, I need you to promise me. Choose Lauren. There are things we can do to help get me bail, but once Lauren's gone, she won't come back. I need you to choose Lauren if you have to make a choice. You got that?"

Addison saw the desperation in Clary's eyes. She wasn't asking Addison to choose Lauren, she was begging her to. Slowly Addison nodded. She put her arms around Clary and wanted to stay like that for some time. "I just hope it doesn't come to that."

Very faintly, she heard Clary say "me too."

* * *

It was a hassle trying to get out of the house. The media were everywhere. Word about the hearing had spread like wildfire, it was broadcasted as breaking news. It was a miracle that Addison even managed to get out the gates of her house. Once they were in the courtroom, everything suddenly turned serious. Addison felt very inferior in a room full of people that had the power to change her life.

She sat in the front next to Caiden, Lauren and Clary. Lorenzo was a few rows behind them next to Dean Eaton. Maya and Freya were a few rows behind that. Everyone was there. Everyone was hoping for the best.

Francesca sat a few seats away from them. She looked confident and put together, which made Addison fear what she had in store for them. Jane appeared and smiled. "I just wanted you all to know that I'll try my best. I have a feeling this will go in our favour."

The judge entered the room and everyone rose to their feet. Once he sat down, so did everyone else. Blair's father looked nothing like her. Addison hoped he didn't hold grudges like her either.

"Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. We are here for the custody case of Miss Maddison Myer and the criminal offence case put forward by Mr Richard Lawson towards Miss Clarissa O'Connell. Are both sides ready?"

Both Francesca and Jane said "ready your honour" in unison.

Francesca started to speak first after the oaths were taken. "My client Mr Richard Lawson has filed a complaint against Miss Myer. This is on the grounds that she has been forging government documents, such as passports and bank details, under false identities for several years. Addison was a minor at the time which is why Clarissa O'Connell, current CEO of Myer and Co, is being held responsible."