Amnesia V

Sunlight illuminated the Dean's office. Daniel stormed in and looked directly at his father who was sat behind his desk scribbling away at a large stack of paperwork.

"Where is he?" Daniel demanded. It had almost been a week since Caiden's disappearance. He would often leave for the weekend and occasionally an extra day or two, but a whole week? Completely out of character.

"You know where he is." His father replied, not bothering to look up.

It was true. Daniel did know where Caiden was. The place he would go every week.

Home.

But it was different this time. Not only had Caiden got drunk before he had left, but he had been mumbling a name the whole entire night. Daniel couldn't hear his mumbles but knew the name began with an S. Serenity? Susanna? Selena? A combination of them all?

Whoever she was, Daniel had never heard of her before which was strange. Caiden usually told him everything. Perhaps she didn't even exist. The only girl Caiden had ever dated was Blair, and that ended so darn well.

Their argument from the party played in Daniel's mind over and over again. "Yes, but how is he?" He sighed as he took a seat opposite his father.

Mr Eaton finally looked at his son. He could see the distress on his face. The two boys had grown up together, they were practically brothers. The concern Daniel had for Caiden was inevitable. Even when Caiden forgot his phone, Daniel would stress, and with reason too. Caiden didn't exactly have a reputation for being very responsible. He replied with a sympathetic smile, "he's fine Daniel. I just got off the phone with Lorenzo, they're all doing okay."

This made Daniel feel better. Lorenzo was Caiden's father, and also Mr Eaton's Business partner, which made him co- owner of Calimero and Eaton Limited.  Lorenzo mostly managed the business while Mr Eaton took care of the school. However any big decisions they made together. "When will he be back?"

Daniel had tried to ask all these questions directly to Caiden, however, his calls were never answered.

"Not sure." Mr Eaton took a few seconds to think carefully about what he was about to say next. "There is a possibility that he won't be coming back at all."

"That's absurd!" Daniel almost screamed as he jumped up from his chair. "Why wouldn't he come back?"

Yet again Mr Eaton chose his words carefully. "With what's been going on in his life, perhaps he wants to take a break."

Daniel pondered for a few seconds. Might he not come back? That was not like Caiden at all. Then again, he had not been acting like himself lately.

Daniel stared at his father and remained silent for a few seconds. Then a thought struck him. "Where does she stand in all of this?" He asked in an uneven tone.

"I think we will find out soon."

*       *       *

Addison sat in Psychology class trying to listen to what was being said. Her mind was in a million places. What had Caiden meant that day? Where was he? Did they know each other? She just couldn't get it out of her head. She needed to know.

Thomas yawned for the fifth time in fifteen minutes. He looked utterly exhausted and maybe even a bit agitated.

"Hey, are you okay?" Addison asked in a whisper.

Thomas managed to give her a small smile. "I'm fine, just a bit tired."

That much Addison could tell by the dark circles under his eyes. "You should try this really useful thing that people do at night, it's called sleeping. It's a really good antidote for tiredness."