Amnesia L

Clary was sat by Addison's side reading a magazine. It had been a few days since she got a phone call off Doctor Reed saying that Addison was responding but wasn't wake. Ever since then Addison had been getting better day by day. She could wiggle her toes and move her hands now. Everyone's hopes were high as Doctor Reed said that she would wake up any day now.

Clary had taken a lot of time off work lately for Addison and herself. That said, her phone rarely stopped ringing or blowing up with notifications. It was incredible how people really couldn't take decisions on their own.

She had left the 'secret weapons' in charge and they were doing a pretty good job at managing the company. Clary smiled to herself thinking about the code name. It was a code name that the Myers had given the two employees that they trusted the most. Trusted with a lot more than just business matters. The 'secret weapons' would find out what other companies were up to - legally of course. They were one of the biggest reasons why Myer and Co had the status it did now. Being able to know what the competition was planning allowed Myer and Co to always be ahead. Addison even knew of the code name, yet she had never met them.

Lost in thought, Clary almost didn't hear the faint whisper of her name. She looked up from her magazine and saw Addison's eyes. They were open. Clary cried out in happiness. "Ari! You're awake!"

Addison barely managed a smile. "I'll go get the doctor!" Clary said with the biggest smile on her face.

* * *

Addison stared at the ceiling. How long was she out for? Gathering all the energy in her, she tried to push herself up. Her arms trembled with the sudden weight and she found herself unable to move more than a few centimetres off the bed. She looked around the hospital room. There was a calendar a few feet in front of her. She squinted her eyes and made out the date. 23rd April 2017. She had in a coma for four months, two weeks and one day. She had missed so much. Christmas, the winter ball, new years and Maya's birthday. How were Maddison and Caiden? How were Freya and Maya? The flowers beside her looked fresh. Who bought them for her?

Doctor Reed walked into the room with a huge smile on his face. "Addison! Good to see you awake!" He walked over to her and did a thorough medical examination. Through it, he kept asking Addison questions about how she felt and what she remembered. He seemed pleased that her memory was intact and that she was feeling relatively okay.

The more Addison talked, the stronger her voice grew. Doctor Reed gave Addison a meal to eat and then told her to get some rest, even if it was just for an hour. Addison didn't want to, she had been asleep for over four months, how much more did she need? Clary put her foot down and told Addison to do as she was told. Eventually, Addison gave in and with help from Clary, laid down.

Just before she slipped into deep sleep, she heard Doctor Reed speak. "Everything seems fine with her. We will obviously have to keep her here for a few days but if she continues to recover like this, then I see no reason why she can't be discharged by the end of next week."

Clary responded and then Addison heard footsteps and the creaking of the door. Then Doctor Reed spoke once more. "Oh and Clarissa, we need to have a word about your reports."

* * *

Three hours later Addison woke up. It was evening now but it was still quite bright outside. Clary was sat by her side holding her hand. "Hey, Ari." She said with a smile.

Addison looked at her and then smiled. "Help me sit up?" As soon as her back leant against the wall, she hugged Clary. She felt water on her shoulder. Addison saw the tears fall slowly from Clary's eyes as she let go. She smiled at her. "I'm okay."