Amnesia XII

Caiden came out of his room freshly dressed and ready for the day ahead of him. Students who had taken business management had been given the day off to pack for the cube trip tomorrow. Caiden being Caiden had not even started packing yet.

He looked around for his younger half but couldn't seem to find her anywhere. He checked in her room, the bathroom, the small kitchen and the other bathroom. She was nowhere to be found. Panicking, Caiden searched every corner of his dorm. It was not until he heard giggling that he stopped panicking.

Of course, she would turn this into a game of hide and seek.

He walked towards the sofa very slowly, trying to be as quiet as possible. Caiden then quickly popped his head behind the sofa and half shouted: "found you!"

Maddison, not expecting Caiden to find her so soon, jumped and furrowed her eyebrows in angry whilst pouting. "CHEATER!" she yelled as she ran from behind the grey sofa towards the small kitchen.

Caiden caught her half way and twirled her around. "Maybe next time you shouldn't laugh so loudly."

"Cay put me down! I'm not three anymore!"

Caiden laughed. "Maddie you're four, which means I can still lift you up before you get too heavy."

Once again Maddison pouted. "I am not going to get heavy!"

"With all those cookies you've been eating? I'm not too sure about that."

Maddison's stomach rumbled causing Caiden to finally give in and put the little girl back down on the ground. "You hungry munchkin?" Maddison nodded her head furiously whilst rubbing her stomach. He caught her tiny hand and guided her towards the kitchen. "What do you want to eat?"

Maddison pondered over the question for a few seconds and then grinned excitedly. "Pancakes!"

Caiden laughed and nodded his head. "Okay let me check if we have any pancake mix." He opened some cabinets and found nothing more than maple syrup, cinnamon and flour. He really needed to go food shopping. After a sigh, he said, "we need to go to the main kitchen."

"Okay."

Both of them walked out of the dorm and travelled downstairs all the way to the main kitchen. They had missed breakfast. That Caiden would have to cook something himself. Not that he was complaining, he secretly enjoyed cooking a lot.

He began to gather all the ingredients that he required while Maddison took a seat at the oblong table near the door. "You're a spoilt little girl, you know that?"

"What does that mean?" Maddison asked innocently.

'It means that you get whatever you want."

"Why wouldn't I?"

Caiden stopped mixing to look at Maddison with raised eyebrows. He was correct, Maddison was extremely spoilt. Then again, Caiden wouldn't want it any other way. "You're lucky that I'm too hungry to reply to that."

And so Caiden continued to make chocolate chip pancakes while Maddison waffled on about how she should get whatever she wanted because she was the youngest and he loved her.

* * *

Addison woke up to the sound of her alarm beeping loudly. It was 9:30 am. She had overslept. Considering she only went to sleep at four in the morning, she wasn't too surprised. Addison had stayed up watching movies with Katerina till one. Then Katerina went to sleep, but Addison stayed awake thinking about her conversation with Maya and who she really was.

Was it possible that she really was Victoria Fowler? Why did the woman on the phone give her the name Addison Pierce then? Did Addison just look like Victoria? But then how did she know the song? There were just too many questions and not enough answers.