Amnesia LXXII

It had been a week since Aurora had left Eaton Academy. It had also been a week since she had spoken to Caiden or Lauren. In that time, Aurora had often found herself pacing around her house wondering what Caiden's answer was going to be. Maria would see this and would tell her to work off her energy by going on a walk outside or go for a swim in the swimming pool. Usually, that helped but not today. Today Aurora would see him, he would be there. After all, he was still her date to prom.

The dress that she was planning to wear was hanging in her wardrobe ready to be put on. There were still a few hours before the make artist and hair stylist came. This was her only prom after all. If she didn't go all out then what was the point?

She had spoken to the Dawson's a few days ago about the whole Cambridge ordeal. They thought it was a brilliant idea. Headquarters in London and a branch out in Cambridge. Aurora knew that she would find herself travelling a lot, but that's why she had a Porsche right?

Aurora was sat in the library listening to old vinyl that her dad used to collect. It brought back memories from the night that Caiden asked her to be his girlfriend. Now here she was, assuming they were going to be going to prom together when in fact he had not actually asked her or even mentioned it. That got her thinking, did that mean that they weren't going together? Did that mean she was dateless?

Deciding to stop thinking too much into things, Aurora decided that it was best if she let all thoughts of Caiden go, at least until tonight. Maria came into the room with a cup of green tea. "Here you go Chiquita, green tea, just the way you like it."

"Thank you, Maria." Maria had been a big help since Clary had died. She was constantly making sure Aurora was comfortable and had everything she needed. Perhaps she too feared that soon she would have a mental breakdown. However, with Doctor Issac's help, Aurora was sure that that would not be happening anytime soon. She hoped at least.

Aurora took her time listening to French music and sipping on her green tea.A few hours went by before there was a knock on the door. It was time to start getting ready for prom.

She looked like a princess. Her gown complemented her skin tone very well and had just the right sequin to material ratio. She felt like royalty. After thanking the stylists, Aurora went downstairs to Maria.

Her face fell in wonder. "Chiquita! You look amazing!"

Aurora smiled in confidence. "Thank you, Maria! I really must get going, prom started twenty minutes ago and there's only a small gap for someone to be considered 'fashionably late' rather than 'late'."

"Yes yes! Go! Have fun!"

"Bye!"

Aurora had also arranged a car to drop her to the hotel where the prom was being held. Caiden clearly wasn't picking her up and driving herself was just sad. As the driver drove past the Calimero household, Aurora couldn't help but look to see if her boyfriend was still there. Unluckily for her, she couldn't see a thing. Had he left? Was he even going? He had to go. He had to see her looking all dressed up.

Prom was being held at a five-star hotel in central London. With all the traffic on the roads, it took Aurora twenty minutes to get there. The theme of the prom was 'afterglow'. Aurora hadn't realised that that had meant a blue, white and black theme. She was pleasantly surprised, it looked incredible. There was even a little fountain and balcony decorated with fairy lights and rose petals.

As soon as Aurora walked into the room, all eyes were on her. A few gasps sounded and a few others just stared. At first, she felt rather awkward but then she embraced how good she looked and walked with a new found confidence. All eyes were on her except for the one person that mattered. Where was Caiden? Was he not coming?