Amnesia X

She was back again. Back in the gymnastics room in the sports building. Addison had been there for the past hour. The pills had taken effect after ten minutes and had calmed Addison down drastically, enough for her to do something productive. She was trying to release any anger and fear she had trapped within her. There was something about gymnastics that made Addison feel euphoric. Almost as if she was home.

Perhaps it was a form of stress relief. Surely there was something wrong with Addison. It all added up didn't it? It explained why she had the pills in her suitcase and why she often had anxiety attacks. Is that why her parents had abandoned her? Was she out of her mind? Insane? A psychopathic lunatic? Why did she keep thinking like that? One thought would lead to another, hadn't she learnt that she needed to stop thinking? That every time her mind raced she would end up with the worst possible conclusions. What the heck was happening to her?

Addison swung her body off of the bar, but due to her lack of concentration, she almost twisted her ankle. Luckily for her, she managed to steady herself before the damage was done. She walked to the edge of the mat and took a deep breath just as the events replayed in her mind. She shouldn't have done it. She shouldn't have punched Blair in the jaw. She was definitely going to pay for it. Wasn't the life she lead payment enough?

Probably not for Blair.

Addison ran at full speed until she flipped herself over not once, but three times landing with the splits. She felt the sudden rush of adrenaline and the pounding of her heart. She craved that feeling. But that was not what made her addicted to training. She knew. She somehow knew that she trained before she lost her memories. That gymnastics was part of her 'past life'.

The door swung open and Addison turned around to see the new arrival. She huffed in annoyance as she saw his face. Why could she just not be left alone? Seriously, was it that difficult?

"What do you think you're doing in here?" Caiden asked as soon as his eyes landed on Addison.

He looked angry, but then again, Addison was convinced that it was just his normal face. He was wearing his red boxing gloves. So why was he in here then? The punching bag was in the other room and Addison was sure she was not making any noise. "I'm trying to get away from all you Elites, but I guess it's not working."

"Considering you idiotically punched the princess, you aren't doing a very good job. There's nowhere to hide." Caiden hadn't moved away from the door. His eyes were glued onto Addison's as he watched her cross her legs as she sat up properly.

"Thank you so much for the positive reassurance," Addison said while she rolled her eyes. So everyone had heard about her encounter with Blair. Well, that surely didn't take long. Plus, had Caiden not heard of the saying 'if you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all?' Or did he just chose to ignore it... Probably the latter of the two.

Ignoring Addison's sarcasm, Caiden asked the question that everyone had been dying to find out. "Why did you do it?"

"She deserved it," Addison stated simply.

"She didn't do anything to you, it was Kat that got hurt. So, why did you punch her?"

Addison was fidgeting with her hands. She had been the one to break eye contact and now wanted to look anywhere but at the guy in front of her. What do you do when you want to dodge a question? You ask another one in return. "Why do you want to know?"

"Because I happen to be very glad you did it."

That sparked up an interest in Addison. He was glad that she hit her? Did he despise her too? Groundbreaking news folks! They actually had something in common. Addison had assumed something was wrong between Caiden and Blair. The way he looked at her, it was pure hatred. Even more so then the way he looked at Addison. "Why?"