Amnesia XXVI

Bright light poured into Addison's room. Her eyes fluttered open. She looked around the room and wondered how she had got there. Addison sat up quickly and instantly regretted it. Her head was banging and the sound of Caiden shouting didn't help at all. The last thing she remembered was talking to Isabelle and Katerina at the party. What happened after that?

She was still in the clothes she had worn to the party. She got out of bed and stood up. Bad move. She sat back down again. Her head felt like it was going to burst. Caiden's voice was growing louder and louder. What the heck was he shouting about? He was in another room and Addison could still hear his voice as if he were right next to her. All she wanted was for him to stop.

Addison almost screamed for him to be quiet but her door opened before she could. Maddison ran up to her and jumped onto Addison, gripping her tightly in a hug. "Hey, are you okay Maddie?"

"They're fighting again."

Addison held onto the four-year-old who was shaking profusely. "It's alright." Addison rubbed Maddison's back in an attempt to calm her down.

"Make it stop," she said into Addison's shoulder.

Addison nodded and put Maddison safely onto her bed before getting up. She took a few seconds to find her balance and walked to Caiden's room. She felt like someone was slamming a brick against her skull but she breathed through the pain. She knocked on the door, there was no reply. Addison tried again but there was still no response from Caiden. All she had done was make his shouting grow louder.

Not thinking about the consequences, Addison opened the door and walked in. Caiden was pacing around his room with his back turned away from her. Addison walked up to him, got his phone, disconnected the call and handed it back to him.

Caiden narrowed his eyes at her. He looked like he was about to slit her throat. "What do you think you're doing?"

"Shutting you up. Why the hell are you screaming? You're scaring Maddie." Addison replied.

"You think you can come into my dorm and tell me what to do?"

"I think-"

"I don't care what you think. Get out of my room and don't come in here again or you can find somewhere else to live." Addison was just about to walk out the door when he spoke again. "And before telling me how to live my life, maybe you should be sober enough to live your own." Caiden then closed the door in her face.

Jerk.

Addison turned around and saw Maddison shaking with teary eyes. "I'm so sorry Addie, I didn't mean to get you into trouble."

Addison's heart broke. She crouched down and wiped away Maddison's tears. "You didn't get me into trouble." She pulled Maddison close to her and hugged her.

Her head was still banging and now it made sense why. She was having a hangover. Addison didn't remember drinking at the party, but she obviously had. She pulled away from the little girl and smiled slightly. "How about I make you some breakfast?"

Maddison nodded her head. "Okay," she said quietly.

She walked to the dining table while Addison walked over to the kitchen. Addison got out two bowls and Coco Pops cereal. She poured some milk and the cereal into a bowl, grabbed two spoons and then went to Maddison. Her eyes were a little red but otherwise, she was smiling a sad smile.

Addison felt really bad for her. The whole reason she was back at the academy was that she didn't like the shouting and arguing going on at home. Was it really any better at Eaton? Did Caiden usually shout around Maddison? The dorm was quiet now. So quiet that you would be able to hear a pin drop. The quietness signified tension, but Addison couldn't help but feel a bit relieved as her head didn't hurt as much anymore.