Amnesia LIV

Was there an earthquake or was Addison still dreaming? She opened her eyes and nearly screamed. Lauren was jumping up and down on her bed. Who needed an alarm when you had this type of wake up call? "LAUREN ROSE MYER, JUST WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?!"

Lauren instantly stopped jumping and plopped onto the bed while laughing.

"What's so funny young lady?" Addison questioned. She wasn't really angry. In fact, she found the whole situation quite funny but she also didn't want it to become a habit. She needed her beauty sleep.

"Cay says my whole name when he's mad too!"

"I'm not mad. Come here!" Addison grabbed her and engulfed her and her teddy bear in a giant hug. "Maybe think of more gentle ways to wake me up next time okay?"

Lauren nodded. After a few seconds, she spoke, "Rose? Is that my middle name?"

Addison nodded finally letting Lauren out of grip. "Yeah, I picked it out before you were born."

"What do you mean? I thought you didn't know I existed?"

"I didn't. Wanna hear the story?"

Lauren nodded excitedly. "Yes please!"

"My-Our mum had called me downstairs. She asked me if I ever wanted a sibling. I said yes, a baby sister preferably. What I didn't know was she was actually pregnant with you. Anyway, she asked what I would call the baby if she were to have one. I thought about it for a while. I got back to her a few days later with the name Rose. I was obsessed with Beauty and the Beast when I was younger. I loved the whole idea of what the rose symbolised and I thought it was a really cute name."

"What did mum say?" Lauren asked.

Addison smiled at the fact that she said 'mum' and not 'your mum'. "Well, that was the weird part. All she said was 'Lauren Rose, cute right?' I thought it was an odd response but I didn't think anything of it. I just agreed and she never brought up the topic again." Addison watched Lauren for a response, she seemed to be in deep thought. "Do you like the name?"

"Yeah! I love it!" Lauren said joyfully. Then she went back to her deep thoughts.

"What are you thinking about baby girl?"

"What was she like? Our mum and dad?"

Addison studied Lauren for a few seconds. She knew this was a sensitive topic and she wanted to make sure she handled it with care. "They were like kind and caring like Enzo. I didn't really get to see them that often but I know that they loved me dearly and that they would have done anything for me." They even died for me Addison added as an afterthought. Her opinion on her parents was split. Half of her hated how they had treated her life like a game. She hated how they ignored her and constantly worked during the summers she was in London. However, when she thought back to the few moments of happiness that she cherished with all her heart, she couldn't help but ignore the bad times. And then there was the plane crash. How could she disregard what her parents did for her? Their last words to her? Lauren should know their good qualities, not their bad ones.

"Mum used to bake muffins for me every time I came home" Addison continued. "Dad used to take me to the park on Sundays when he wasn't at work." Or drunk. "We used to get ice cream and play on the swings."

"They sound great. I wish I could have met them." Lauren said.

"I bet they wanted to meet you too. It's okay though. You have Caiden, Enzo and me remember?"

Lauren nodded her head. She changed position and her top moved up slightly. Addison saw faint scars on her back. Permanent reminders of the damage Blair had caused. "How are you now baby girl? Does anything hurt? Are you all better after the ice staking accident?"