Amnesia XXIV

After attending lessons for the day, Addison went back to her dorm room. She had to get through two more days and then she would finally be done with dorm arrest. Katerina had dresses all over the room. How could Addison have forgotten? Katerina was going on her re-do date with Daniel! Since the first time hadn't gone to plan, Daniel had asked Katerina for a do-over. Of course, she instantly agreed.

They had a few minutes left before Daniel came to get her. "Are you okay after last night?" Katerina asked while she filled her clutch with a mini perfume and lipstick.

"Yeah, sorry about that. I've been having nightmares since I came back from The Cube."

"Really? Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't think it mattered that much."

"It matters a lot. Especially since the way you were screaming. It was like you were in immense pain. You really scared me."

Addison smiled slightly. Katerina was the closest thing Addison had to a sister. Well, her and Maya. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be! Just let me know if it happens again okay? Maybe you should you go see someone about it? Jennifer maybe?"

"I will if it happens again."

Katerina was about to say something when a knock came at the door. Instead of answering it, she waited to see if Addison was really okay. After a reassuring smile from Addison, Katerina got up and opened the door. Daniel stood in the doorway holding a bunch of red carnations in his hand. He handed them to Katerina who's smile was too big for her face.

"So Daniel," Addison began. "Do we need to have a talk before I let Kat go with you?" Daniel's smile faltered slightly which made Addison start laughing. Katerina just rolled her eyes and slapped Addison's arm gently before laughing herself. "Have fun guys!"

Katerina said a quick thanks before following Daniel out into the corridor. She heard Addison shut the door and smiled as she breathed in the smell of the carnations. She was so lucky to have such a lovely roommate and more importantly, a best friend. "So you still haven't told me where we're going."

"That's kind of the whole point of a surprise" Daniel chuckled. "And before you ask, yes I did get permission from my dad to take you out of the academy."

"Good."

The two of them walked to the car park. It was quite chilly out and Katerina hadn't dressed for the weather. She shivered and kept her arms around herself to warm up. Daniel took off his jacket like a perfect gentleman and put it around his date. Katerina felt the warmth instantly. They hadn't even done anything yet and it was already the best re-do first date ever.

That was until she heard the tip tapping of heels behind them. That could only mean two things, either a teacher was behind them, or it was the same person that was the reason for the 're-do' in their re-do first date.

"Sorry to interrupt this do-over date or whatever you both are calling it," Blair said. "But it's time Katerina and I had a little chat."

Daniel was about to protest when Blair held up her index finger. "I promise I'll return Katerina to you shortly. I just need to have a word."

Daniel looked at Katerina hesitantly. Blair wasn't going to budge. Why was it that things could never go perfectly? She slowly nodded to Daniel letting him know that it was okay.

Daniel sighed and looked back at Blair. "You've got ten minutes."

Blair smiled. "Plenty of time."

* * *

Addison was putting Katerina's dresses away in her wardrobe. She really hoped that they had a good time, they both deserved it. They seemed perfect for each other. It was so cute the way Katerina's face glowed when she saw Daniel.