Amnesia XXVIII

Addison was leant against the wall outside Dean Eaton's office the next morning at 10 am. Jennifer had sent a message that the Dean wanted a word with her. Knowing exactly what the Dean wanted to talk about, Addison was in no rush to see him. She had been standing outside for a few minutes now. Her mind running through the events of the previous day. What exactly was she going to say?

Before she had time to get her thoughts in order, the door opened and Addison was ushered inside the Dean's office. She sat on a chair facing the Dean for about a minute, neither of them wanting to speak immediately. Addison concentrated on the view of the grounds of Eaton outside the window. The clouds were a light grey but it was bright outside, an indication that it was going to snow later. Yet it was London, it could snow for five minutes and then be bright and sunny soon after. Maybe even a thunderstorm after that.

"Are you okay?" Asked Dean Eaton bringing Addison back from her thoughts.

Addison nodded. "Yes."

Dean Eaton studied her, almost challenging her to say otherwise. "What happened yesterday?" When Addison didn't respond straight away, the Dean continued. "We have CCTV footage, Miss Pierce. What particularly caught our attention was that you entered the sports building, and then not so long after, Miss Fell entered too. A few minutes later you both entered the swimming pool. However, you ran out petrified and drenched whilst Miss Fell followed looking extremely anxious. Five minutes later you ended up in the infirmary. Care to explain?"

Addison hadn't thought about security camera's watching her. Of course, the sports building had cameras. Why hadn't she realised that? If the Dean didn't see what happened, then must mean that the cameras were only in the corridors and not in the actual rooms.

All the anger she hatred she felt towards Blair was rising to the surface. Addison despised her with every inch of her soul. How dare she try something so low. "I went into the room with the swimming pool and Blair followed me in." Addison started. "The floor was slippery and my shoes didn't have a good grip. So naturally, I slipped and fell face first into the pool. I could have got up on my own considering it was only my face in the water, but Blair got me out. She knew I had a fear of water so she wanted to help. I got really scared so I ran out. I hadn't eaten much yesterday so I felt dizzy and I guess that's why I fainted."

Addison's hands were curled up into fists by her sides. She hated how she was covering for Blair. Yet what was the worst Dean Eaton would do? Revoke her from Elite privileges? Higher her tuition fee? Send a letter home to mummy and daddy? What type of punishments would they be? Pathetic ones. There was no way that Dean Eaton would expel a student who's parents paid for most of Eaton Academy's fundings. Addison didn't need him to. She would make sure Blair suffered herself.

Dean Eaton watched Addison for a few seconds, probably contemplating whether she was telling the truth or not. "It seems like the Board thinks otherwise."

There it was again. The mighty Board of Education getting themselves involved in Addison's life at every stage possible. They didn't even know her yet they were constantly interfering with her life. Why? "Well, the Board is wrong."

"Addison I think-"

Addison had finally had enough. "Sorry Dean Eaton, but everyone seems to be questioning me lately and frankly I've had enough of it. I've told you what happened so what more is there to discuss?"

Dean Eaton stayed quiet for a few moments and then sighed. "You're free to go."

Addison's lips parted as she stared at the Dean with questioning eyes. "Really?" Addison asked not truly believing that she would be allowed to go so easily.