Amnesia XV

The sound of chatting woke Addison up the next morning. She slowly rose from her bed to see what the commotion was about. Everyone was holding something, a letter. There was one addressed to her too.

'Florence Exchange' has a proposal. Currently, their status is '-9%'. However, they are convinced that with investments, they will prosper. Would you like to invest in this company?

Addison looked around, it seemed that no one wanted to invest in the company. It made sense, to invest in that company meant to lose money. Now, why would anyone want to lose money purposely? Except Addison barely had any money on her card. What she did have was not enough for her to buy anything. So instead of leaving a few pounds in her account, she decided to put it all into Florence Exchange.

After a quick shower and change of clothing, she went to the machine and put her money into the company. She had just enough money left to buy herself some fruit for breakfast.

She checked her account after breakfast to see how much money she had lost. It turned out that she should have gone along with everyone else. Not only did she not have any money in her account, but she was now in the minuses. Well, that's lunch and dinner gone she thought.

Blair didn't waste any time to go into the second task. They were still being timed so the faster they finished the tasks, the sooner they could move on to stage three. "The second task is called shocks. Follow me."

Addison didn't like the sound of that. It seemed like no one else did either. After all, why wouldn't you panic knowing you have to take part in something called 'shocks'? The group walked to the fourth door in the room of doors. The room was large and had numerous two-foot metal rods placed randomly across the floor. They looked like the solar powered lights people had in their back gardens. Except, they didn't look quite as friendly.

Blair cleared her throat and read from the instructions paper. "Using the bowls next to the door, find out what group you are in and your team leaders ( the first person pulled out from each bowl). A member of the Red group will go first. They will be blindfolded and should start at the green line. The leader will then guide them along their path to the other side of the room, being careful not to let the player touch the metal rods. If they do touch a metal rod, three things will happen. The person will receive a small electric shock, the walls will flash in the team's colour, and lastly, the person will then become a part of the opposing team. The leaders will go last and will be guided by the rest of the team. The team with the most people at the end will win."

After she finished speaking, Blair looked to her right and saw the two bowls. She walked towards them and swirled her hand around in the first one. She then picked up a folded piece of paper and opened it up. "The team leader for the Red team is Sophie Johnson."

The small girl's face lit up with delight. It was evident that she never in her life expected to be a leader of anything, not with the Elites to compete with anyway. She stood up and walked next to Blair who handed her the bowl and told her to call out the names of the rest of her group. "Maya Dawson, Freya Ellis, Emily Wilson, Rachel Moon and Addison Pierce."

Addison was eternally grateful to not be in the other group. There was still the chance that Blair could be the leader and that would have been completely disastrous. Blair in charge of whether Addison got shocked or not? Okay, maybe disastrous was not the right word to use, fatal was a much better fit.

Blair then stuck her hand into the second bowl. "And the leader for the blue team is" she unfolded the piece of paper and her face fell slightly. "Ava Morris." On the other hand, Ava jumped up in excitement as she looked at her team who all seemed relieved that a certain Elite was not their leader. "Well, in that case, let's begin."