Stood Up

AN: 

Its another Pastel!Dan and Punk!Phil one. UGH! I realised that after writing it I didn't do the brownie thing but I like my ending so lets go with this. 

Prompt above 

Triggers: Getting stood up, I guess

. . .

Dan tapped his fingers nervously on the counter of the bar. He wished that he hadn't allowed one of his friends to convince him to go out on a date with a stranger. Mason seemed like good guy but the pastel still worried.

"What can I get you?" The bartender asked. The bartender had gorgeous blue eyes with yellow specs and black hair with a blue fringe. He wore a white button up and slacks but his sleeves were rolled up revealing a lot of tattoos. He had snake bites and gauges in.

"Uh, erm, I'm, uh, waiting for my date. He should be here in a bit. I'll just wait," Dan responded.

"Okay, well, when you need something, I'm here. Name's Phil, Phil Lester but you probably already knew that because of my nametag." In all honesty, Dan hadn't realised that Phil was even wearing a nametag. He was too busy looking at Phil's eyes.

"Dan Howell," Dan responded shaking Phil's outstretched hand. He mentally scolded himself for looking at another guy when he was on a date. Phil walked off to serve some other customers.

The night dragged on and soon an hour had passed and Mason still hadn't shown.

"Hey," Phil said to Dan, "he shown up yet?"

Dan shook his head sadly.

"Well, maybe there was traffic. You should call him."

Dan nodded and retrieved his phone from his back pocket. After the second ring, Mason picked up.

"Yeah?" He sounded almost breathless.

"Erm, uh, w-where are you?" Dan asked.

"Oh, uh, I must've forgotten to tell you. I'm, uh, really sick. We'll have to do something later on in the week."

"Yeah," Dan said sadly.

"Who is that, babe?" A girl purred from the other end of the line.

"Nobody," Mason said before hanging up.

Dan stared at his phone for a few moments before collapsing into one of the chairs.

"Hey, you okay?" Phil asked worriedly. 

"Y-yeah," Dan muttered. Sure, Mason was a stranger but it still hurt that he'd been stood up.

"Mmmm," Phil said, not at all convinced. "Here, I get off in a few minutes. Can you stick around til then?"

"Sure, I guess."

"Cool." A few minutes passed and Phil went back to the back to grab his things and he returned wearing a leather jacket, (AN: Am I the only one who freaking loves leather jackets and combat boots? I want both sooo bad. It may just be the rebellious side of me) a dark blue t-shirt, black skinny jeans and combat boots.

"Where are we going?" Dan asked as the two began to walk outside.

"Well, princess, I wanted to take you out for milkshakes, if that's okay with you."

Dan shrugged, blushing slightly at the nickname, "Yeah, it's fine. Thanks, by the way."

"Hey, it's just milkshakes and I'm sure that you can make it up to me," Phil said winking causing Dan to blush and punch his arm. (AN: I must be allergic to this much adorableness or something because I swear I sneezed like 40 times while writing this and when I was walking around the house to clean myself up. Ew) "Okay so tell me about you."

"Erm, well, I like Muse."

"Same! They're only the best."

"Obviously."

The two actually ended up having a great time and got to know each other. Phil ended up driving Dan home and walking him to the door.

"I had fun," Dan said, smiling at Phil.

"Me, too. Would you like to do it again sometime?"

"Definitely."

The two traded phones and inputted their numbers before switching back.

Phil pressed a kiss to Dan's cheek before saying, "I'll see you later, Princess," and walking back to his car.

"Later, Philly!" Dan called out with a red face before he entered his house. 

. . . 

AN: 

Yay, I really liked that one. :D Ehehe, I REALLY love Pastel!Dan and Punk!Phil if you don't already know. I'm still recovering from the sneezing incident omg. 

What books do you read/fandoms are you in? I'm in the Percy Jackson fandom, the Harry Potter fandom, the MLP fandom, the Disney fandom, obviously the Phandom, and Nerdfighteria! Any fandoms I should join? I watched the first season of SAO and I want to watch the second one but I'll have to read the subtitles and I just haven't gotten around to it. I also started watching BBC's Doctor Who but I can't finish it because Netfilx got rid of both Doctor Whos on their site. :(

Love you all!

-Nerdie