Panic! in the school

AN:

Phil's first line of essay is litterally just the first line of my Antigone essay from a few weeks back.

Prompt:

Prompt from 1m_phan_trash_whoops's story Phan Prompts

Prompt from 1m_phan_trash_whoops's story Phan Prompts. Thank you for letting me use it. :)

TW: Panic attacks, anxiety and high school

. . .

Phil tapped nervously on his desk as everyone sat down in class. The boy got panic attacks easily but it was mostly when speaking in front of others so normally the teachers never made him present in front of the class.

"Today, your teacher has instructed me that you will be presenting your Antigone essays to the class," the substitute said.

One-by-one everyone presented until about the middle of class.

"Okay, Philip Lester, you're next."

Murmurs of confusion fluttered through the class and Phil looked confused as well.

"Uh, Miss, I can't."

"What do you mean?"

"I-I mean that I c-can't present."

"And why not?"

"I-I'll have a p-p-panic a-attack."

"It's just presenting in front of the class. Get up there."

"I- o-okay." Phil grabbed his paper and shakily made his way to the front of the room. "P-p-polyneices' d-dying wish w-was to be buried and C-creon-"

"Louder please."

Phil sighed, trying not to let the panic get to him, "P-p-polyneices' d-dying wish was-"

"Louder."

Phil's breath was shortening, and his chest tightened.

"P-p-polyneices' d-d-dying- Sorry-" Phil was gasping for breath and he felt disconnected from the world, the voices seemed far away.

Everyone looked slightly weirded out and murmured to one another. Phil was now sitting on the floor with his back to the wall hardly breathing. Dan Howell, the most popular kid in school, hopped up from his seat and rushed over to Phil. He rubbed Phil's back and tried to calm Phil down. After a few minutes, the boy calmed.

"Okay, class dismissed." The students quickly scattered but Dan stayed rubbing Phil's back to keep him calm.

"Th-thanks. You didn't have to do that."

"I know but I couldn't let you panic, now could I?"

"Actually, you could have. How did you know to do that?"

"My little sister has social anxiety. She gets panic attacks a lot. After a few years, you pick up a few things."

"I-I'm sorry."

"Not your fault. It's not anybody's fault well..." Dan sighed. "Anyway, that's not important. Are you okay?"

"I-I think." Dan carefully helped Phil up.

"I'm glad that you're okay."

"Th-thanks b-but you really didn't have to do that. Th-that wasn't such a good idea."

"What do you mean?"

"N-now everyone thinks you're weird."

"Who cares what they think?"

"Huh?"

"I said, who cares what they think. Why would they judge me badly for helping someone? Never mind, we both know they will. Who wants to be friends with someone like that?"

"I- then why are you friends with them?"

"I'm not. They just hang around me. I'm sure that if I started hanging out with you they'd leave me alone after a bit. Well, if you want me to start hanging out with you." 

"Phil, it's a yes or no question. Do you want me to hang out with you?"

"I didn't even know you knew my name."

"Of course, I do."

"Y-yeah, you can hang out with me. Th-that'd be cool."

"Cool." 

. . .

AN: 

I have no idea if this needs a sequel or not and I spent ages trying to figure out if it needs more but I decided to post it anyway and if it needs more I can write more. 

Story time: 

Last weekend, I went to a family dinner at my Aunt's for Easter. There was a lot of family there and I didn't recognise a lot but this needs a bit of backstory. 

Last summer, I heard about my uncle's mother (who is a breeder as well as my aunt) having a blind puppy who wasn't getting enough attention or training and stuff so I begged my parents to let me have her. Under normal conditions, I would would have been denied the puppy because we already had two dogs but my parents allowed it because she had very little human contact so baby Lily was given to me. 

Now Lily is often refered as Blind Lily or my baby so my uncle's mother asked "How's your baby?" at the dinner. I became quickly confused before realising that she meant Lily. I explained that she was happy and was getting trained.  A bit later, I heard someone who'd come with my uncle's mother say "For a second, I thought you meant an actual baby and I was like 'how old is she?'" I am a fourteen-year-old girl and probably look at so no wonder she was confused about my age. 

That is the story about how my dog was mistaken for a baby. 

Well, that was fun. I should have story time more often. 

Love you all! <3 

-Nerdie