Hades and the Dryad Pt. 1

AN: 

Description: 

Part 1 of a ModernGreekMythology!AU in which Dan is basically Hades and Phil is a dryad (aka a tree nymph) Also it includes a few dialogue prompts from the interwebs: 

-"You really have no idea who I am?" "You'd think the confused looks and blank stares would have answered that for you." 

-"I'm not as bad as the books say, you know." "Quiet, evil one." "Ooh, name-calling - so fearsome." ((Main inspiration))

and 

-"Please put me down, it's just a sprained ankle" 

TW: None?

. .  . .

Phil wandered along the cliff, careful not to wander too far from his tree. He sat down in a patch of flowers, picking them and weaving them together into a crown. He might have been there for hours or only minutes but as he about to tie the last flower a twig snapped causing his head to shoot upward in the direction of the sound.

"Hello?" he called out, confused.

"Er, hi," a voice responded.

"Who are you?" Phil asked, narrowing his eyes at the unfamiliar voice.

"What are you doing out so late?" the voice responded, ignoring Phil's question.

Phil turned realizing that the sun had almost set. "I asked you first," he said defensively.

"Dan, yours?"

"Phil."

"Are you a dryad?"

"Yes... Why don't you come out?" Phil asked suspiciously.

The whole forest seemed quiet for a moment before Dan responded, "You'll run away."

"No, I won't."

The forest went silent again as Dan stepped out of the thickly wooded forest.

Dan was as pale as he could possibly be, almost as if he'd never seen the light of the sun. His hair was a dark brown with brown eyes so dark that they could possibly be mistaken for black. He was dressed in a black hoodie, gray jeans and black shoes.

Phil, on the other hand, had raven black hair, blue-green-yellow eyes and light green skin. He was dressed in a light blue shirt, black jeans, and grass-stained white shoes.

"Why would I run away?" Phil asked.

"Are you kidding? Dark clothes? Scary? Appears out of nowhere?"

Phil only responded with a blank look.

Dan raised his eyebrows. "You really have no clue who I am?"

"You'd think the confused looks and blank stare would have answered that for you."

"I'm Dan."

Phil blinked, "You said that already."

"You know... Lord of the Underworld?"

Phil's eyebrows disappeared into his fringe, "Wait, you're Dan?"

"That's what I've been saying!"

"Have you come here to kill me? Am I already dead?"

"Can I not just take a walk?"

Phil shrugged. "Would you like to join me?"

Dan sat next to Phil in the patch of flowers, "What are you doing?"