Living Situations Pt 1

AN: 

I know, I know, I need to stop making part ones and finish my part twos 

Prompt: (number 2) 

Also I kinda realized that this is basically just a part 3 to "I Think That's Kinda Obvious, Princess" Oh well

. .  . .

"Woah, be careful, Winnie!" Dan exclaimed scooping up the small girl before she could run any farther ahead of him.

"Sorry, Dad!" Winnie exclaimed, giggling. Her brown hair was a curly mess and her blue/green/yellow eyes sparkled happily as she laughed. She was dressed in a totoro shirt and her ripped overalls which had one of the straps sliding off her shoulder.

"You sure you'll survive without me?" Em asked, setting down the last box. "You haven't lived alone with Winnie." She was right, of course, Dan had moved in with Em just after he and Phil had broken up. Then Winnie arrived and Em was just a huge help.

"We can do it," Dan said, determined. "Besides you haven't lived without anyone before. Are you going to survive?"

"Did I not tell you? Alice is moving in with me tonight."

"Alice? The Alice? Love-of-your-life Alice?"

"Shut up. It's just 'cause I can't live alone and she can't afford to live alone while she's in college."

"You can't live alone?"

"Well, someone's gotta make sure I stay on my medication and I remember to eat."

"Yeah, sure."

Em rolled her eyes, "Well, if you need anything, just call."

"Tell Auntie Em bye, Winnie."

"Bye, Auntie Em!" Winnie cheered as Em ruffled her hair.

"Bye, Winnie. Bye, Dan," Em called before leaving.

"You think we can survive without her?" Dan asked Winnie.

"We can do it!" the five-year-old responded, holding up a thumbs up.

"I like your confidence. Let's unpack."

. .  . .

Dan hummed to himself as he and Winnie exited their apartment the next day. Winnie was clutching onto his hand as she skipped beside him. Dan turned away from the door automatically running into someone.

"Oof," Dan muttered. "Sorry. You okay, Winnie?"

Winnie was sitting on the floor next to Dan, giggling. Dan guessed that answered his question.

"Oh, sorry about that," an unknown voice said, helping Dan and Winnie up.

Dan let out a small gasp as his face turned a bright red, "Ph-phil?!" The stranger Dan had run into was indeed Phil Lester, Alice's brother, Dan's ex, and Winnie's dad.