Young and in love, just not with you

AN:  

Description: Dan comes to school with a 'young and in love just not with you' button and Phil worries that he's taken

Pastel!Phil and Punk!Dan

TWs: none I believe feel free to correct me

. .  . .

 "Does Dan have a significant other?" Phil asked Em, sitting down at their usual table.

"What?" Em asked, barely glancing over at her friend as she picked at her lunch.

"Oooh, is Philly jealous?" Andi asked.

"No," Phil muttered as he readjusted his pastel pink flower crown. "I was just curious."

"Oh, you are so jealous," Andi responded.

"Let Em answer his question, love," Aurora told her girlfriend.

"No, he doesn't. Why would you ask that?" Em responded.

"Are you sure?" Phil asked again.

"I'm as sure as I am in love with Alice. Why do you ask?"

"Well, what about his button?"

"His what?"

"His button! The one on his backpack!"

Em glanced over to where her brother sat and sure enough he had a button saying 'Young and in love, just not with you'. "It's ironic," she said, glancing towards Alice.

"Ironic?"

"Yeah. I was talking to him about it earlier. He asked me if you like it," Em said with a slight smirk.

"Are you serious?"

Em shrugged.

"That's not funny... but did he?"

Em laughed, "Sorry. He did though. He asked me if you'd think it was funny."

"So he doesn't love anyone?" Phil, asked after a minute.

"Oh, he is in love with someone but they're not dating."

"Who?"

"Can't tell you that. Sister rules."

"You're mean."

. .  . .

"Did he notice it?" Dan asked as soon as Em walked into the kitchen after school.

"Oh, hello, dearest brother. Yes, I'm doing wonderfully, thanks for asking," Em said with a slight eye roll as she opened the fridge.

"Seriously, Em. What did he say?"

"You know, for a punk, you sure are a hopeless romantic," she commented, closing the fridge.

"Seriously!"

"Okay, okay, fine! He was worried that you had a 'significant other'."

"And what did you say?"

"I said that you don't and it's ironic."

"Really?"

"Yes, and then I said that you are in love with someone but that you're not dating them."

"You didn't! Did you tell him who?"

"No, I'm not evil but I still think you should ask him out."

"Really? Do you think he'll say yes?"

"Duh. How many years have I been friends with him?"

"Uh, two?"

"I'm pretty sure that I can tell when he likes someone. Ask him tomorrow at lunch."

. .   . .

For once, when Em took her seat at lunch beside Phil, he was already sitting.

"You look nice today," Em commented. "What's the occasion?"

"Nothing." Phil was dressed in his favorite baby blue sweater with white jeans along with a matching blue and white flower crown.

"Is this because you found out that Dan is single?"

"Maybe," Phil muttered dragging out the a.

Suddenly, Em smiled really big as Dan tapped on Phil's shoulder causing him to turn around.

"Oh, hey, Dan," Phil muttered, his face flushing.

"Hey, Phil. Um, would you... I dunno, maybe want to go on a date with me some time?" Dan asked, sheepishly rubbing the back of with neck.

Phil smiled widely, "I'd love to! I mean, uh, yeah. That'd be fun."

Dan smiled, "Cool. Can I have your number so we can work out when?"

Phil nodded, smiling.

Dan pulled his phone out of the pocket of his leather jacket. He pressed a few buttons before handing to over to Phil.

"Thanks," Dan muttered. "I can't wait."

"Nice My Neighbor Totoro phone case, by the way," Phil said, handing back over the phone.

Dan blushed slightly, "Thanks."

. .  . .

AN: 

Hey-o! It hasn't been 20 years since I last posted for once! 

(thomas stopped following me but I think he was just saving me account because he put me in the fan art friday!) 

I've been wanting to write this one since I got this button but then it got destroyed lol 

Also of anyone saw Dodie's snapchat about the ridiculous sunglasses, I have the same ones lol

Anywho! I'm off to bed nighty night! 

"Do you like bumpy rides? Because I'm an emotional rollercoaster" -Dan (same)

I love you all so much! I accept you no matter what and I wish I could give you a big hug (if you're comfortable with that) and binge watch your favorite show with you! love you! 

-Nerdie