Almond Milk

AN:  

Prompt: 

TW: None?

TW: None?

. .  . .

Phil walked into the coffee shop for the first time. The door jingled as he opened it and he was automatically hit with the smell of coffee. He glanced around at the couches and bean bag chairs and tables. A good amount of people were sitting around creating a good amount of background noise. Cute little doodles covered the board along with the name of the drinks. Every drink was named after a pun but what else could he expect from a place called 'Brewtiful'.

"Welcome!" a girl chirped from where she was making drinks.

Phil silently wondered how she knew he was entering and not exiting since she was facing away from him. He dismissed the thought and walked up to the counter.

Behind the counter stood a tall man dressed in a pastel blue sweater, pale pink apron, and white jeans. He had curly brown hair and deep brown eyes. He wore a small name tag displaying the name Dan with two dots next to the D, written in the same cute handwriting from the boards.

"Hello and welcome to Brewtiful, the only coffee shop where the owner doesn't like coffee," he chirped.

"Dan," the girl, who was still making drinks, scolded.

He rolled his eyes with a soft smile, "The only coffee shop where all the drinks are puns!"

"Dan!"

He smiled at Phil, making Phil's heart flutter. "It's true though, she doesn't like coffee," he said in a softer voice.

"Dan, I can still hear you!"

Dan laughed, "Have fun with that! Anyway, what can I get you?"

"Um," Phil muttered glancing up at the board and tugging on his leather jacket. "Can I have a Love You a Latte? Oh, do you have almond milk? I'm lactose intolerant."

"We don't, sorry. We only have lactose free."

"Oh, okay, that's fine."

Phil quickly paid for his drink as Dan passed Phil's order over to the girl.

. .   . .

Whether it was due to the puns, Dan, or the good coffee, Phil kept returning to the coffee shop. Not thinking much about it, he continued to ask for almond milk but of course they only had lactose free, until one day.

"Welcome!" The girl, who Phil now knew as Em, chirped as he entered the shop.

"Hey, Phil," Dan said with a smile as he walked up to the counter. "The usual?"

Phil blushed and nodded, not really thinking about asking about what milk went into it.

"Here you go!" Dan said when he handed over the drink after Phil payed.

Phil smiled, taking the drink, and went to find a seat. He happily sipped the drink and automatically noticed something was different but it was better. He jumped up from his seat and walked back to the counter where Dan was chatting with Em while she made drinks.

"Um, have you started serving almond milk?"

"Uh, no. We don't."

Phil looked at him confused.

"Well, you always ask if we have it so I got it specially for you," Dan said with a blush.

Phil's face flushed, "Thank you. That means a lot."

"It's no problem. I figured it was the nice thing to do because you're always in here. Uh, not that... that's not a bad thing! I-we love you being here!"

Phil smiled. "Thank you. I like it here."

"Great! I mean, uh, cool. Em would love to hear that."

"I did hear that! Now tell him what you wanted to say!" Em said, pushing Dan away from the counter. "Go on break. That's an order."

"Order?" Dan asked.

Em stuck her tongue out at him. "Get out of here before I send you to clean the bathroom." She quickly fixed her pale blue apron before turning to the customer who had just walked up, "Welcome to Brewtiful! I'm serious, Dan, go away. What can I get you?"

Dan's eyes widened and he rushed over to hang up his apron. "C'mon, she's serious," Dan muttered grabbing Phil's hand and dragging him a a table in one of the secluded corners of the shop.

Phil blushed, "You wanted to say something?"

"Oh, uh, yeah. Well, you don't have to but... I just wanted to ask if you'd like to go out with me sometime?"

Phil smiled, "I'd love to!" 

. .  . .

AN: 

I'm not dead! (I say that a lot) I said that coming up was another sequel but I'm still trying to work it out but, hey, here's this cuteness 

I got sick. I'm better now but my mom thinks that because I was worrying about presenting in front of the class (I couldn't use a paper! of course I was worried!) that it exasperated the sickness so I was sick for a lot longer 

School is bleh. (refer back to PRESENTING WITHOUT ANY NOTES OR ANYTHING) Honestly people have said 11th is the hardest year and I can feel it already (I'm gonna die) 

I've been doing a bunch of art! (I watercolor painted which I haven't done in ages) I'm very proud of myself and I'm pretty sure that I'm gonna do inktober this year so yeah

Gaming merch?!?!?! YES ((also what was the gaming vid?))

Uhhh Dodie 6/10 music video!! 

I'm obsessed with The Last of the Real Ones 

I don't remember if I ever mentioned that I started (and finished) Voltron? But yeah I did and it's great

DnP disco skating is my aesthetic

Also my aunt has baby pigs and puppies right now and they like to climb all over when I sit in the floor and I saw them today and I get to see them tomorrow and I'm READY

This was really long and I could probably think of more to say but I am tired and I have to get up tomorrow 

"We had a bonding moment! I cradled you in my arms!" 

"Nope! Don't remember! Didn't happen." -Keith and Lance (Voltron) ((I can HEAR them saying it oml))

I love you all so much! I'm sorry I haven't posted in awhile but I feel like eat this point you all expect it anyway! I love you all and I accept you! Come talk to be if you need to. Make sure you eat and sleep and take your medicine (if you take some) I LOVE YOU! 

-Nerdie