A Long Night's Run

The figure ran, feet pounding on the concrete sidewalk. It turned into an alley and kept on running. A hand reached out and grabbed its hoodie, making it stumble backwards onto the ground. "You picked the wrong gang to mess with, little brat," said a huge man menacingly. The five other gang members stood behind him, sneering at the figure. The hooded child raised its head to face its attacker and smiled. The huge man's eyes widened and he leapt out of the way just in time. A sword blade extended out of the figure's sleeve. Its hoodie had also fallen away, revealing the figure's face. "A girl!" the man exclaimed in surprise. Her steely (e/c) eyes slicing into them, she dashed through the group, blades drawn, cutting up their weapons. Scared, the men ran away, whimpering. The girl was left alone with the big man who was, apparently, the gang leader. He was on the ground, trembling. She grabbed his collar and pointed her blade at his throat. "Please don't kill me. I beg of you," he whimpered. She hesitated and slowly lowered her blade. The man grinned and punched the girl in her stomach. She coughed blood and crumpled onto the ground. "I hit her with my soul wavelength. That should take care of her," he thought.

Just then, a purple beam of light hit the man, sending him sprawling onto the ground. Smoke floated from the guns that Death the Kid was holding in his hands. The man got up, glaring at the young reaper before taking off as fast as he could. Kid sighed and put down his guns. "Oy, Kid! I think we'd better help that girl," his partner, Liz, said. Kid threw his guns in the air, letting them revert back to their human forms. "Let's take her back to the DMWA," said Kid, looking down at the limp form on the ground.

Author's Note: This is my first fanfic so I hope I did well. I meant the reader to be a weapon that can partially transform to have blades coming out of her sleeves (like Kanade Tachibana's hand sonic in the picture. Angel Beats moved me although I did not agree with some of its views about God. It's still a good anime though). Please comment. I want to hear some feedback. Constructive criticism is welcomed. By that, I mean please criticise me politely so that I can improve. Complimenting what the author did well will also encourage her to keep writing. Feel free to be honest. Thank you.