The Day of the Party (Part 1)

Reader's POV

We were all gathered in front of the school building. We were waiting for Kid, Liz and Patty to return from their mission. How many missions has he went on this week? Fifteen? In the distance, I spotted a figure in a black cloak wearing a skull mask flying towards us. "Death?" I thought. Then, I smiled, realising who it was. Kid landed his skateboard and let Liz and Patty transform back into their human forms. Patty waved to us cheerfully. 

I laughed. "I almost didn't recognise you with that mask on, Kid,"I told him. He moved the mask away from his face, revealing his bright golden eyes. "Hey, guys. Did we ever tell you where we found Kid and (y/n) last weekend?" said Liz, smirking mischievously. Both Kid and I immediately blushed. "Haha. Kiddo-kun looks so adorable when he blushes!" said Patty. "Adorable? I am the newly born Reaper," he said. He looked away, holding his mask as his blush grew darker. "I don't do 'adorable'! I am more fierce than that," he said. He looked away, covering his face, which seemed to be on fire by then. We all laughed. (He does look cute when he blushes though). 

After that, we went to play basketball. Maka and I were taking a break and reading together on the benches. I sighed as I flipped a page. "I hate the part when two best friends start fighting over a guy and decide to stop being friends. I mean, seriously! Why would they want to lose their friendship for some shallow, idiotic playboy?" I complained. Maka looked at me. "Yeah, I know right. I don't like it when that kind of drama happens. We should cherish our friends more than that," she said. "You mean like Crona?" I asked. She smiled and nodded. "Crona's a really good friend of mine. I'm glad that Crona is doing better now," she said. "Yeah, me too. I really hate it when people decide to throw away a connection like that for something that isn't worth it. That's why I decided long ago to never let a guy get in between me and my friend. I want to put friendship before some guy I like," I said, suddenly filled with conviction. Maka tilted her head and smiled. "Lucky your best friend and the guy you like are the same person, huh?" I blushed furiously. "N-no! Kid and I aren't like that!" I stammered. "Besides, you're one to talk! How about you and Soul?" I said. Now it was Maka's turn for her face to catch on fire. "W-what do you mean? He's j-just my partner!" she stuttered. "Oh, come on! It's so obvious!" I teased. "What's so obvious?" asked Soul, raising his eyebrow as he walked toward us. Maka blushed and muttered," Nothing."

"Guys, we'd better go now! We have to get ready for the party tonight," yelled Liz. Oh, right! I almost forgot about the party. We hurried back to prepare ourselves for the big night.